Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.25%

Nintendo's E32017 Spotlight

Its that time of the year again, where the gaming industry tries to get your wallet's attention for the months to come. So what did the big N do this year?
    So far they've shown some new info on previously announced titles such as Super Mario Odyssey, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. But what about new titles?
    Well they've shown mostly games to be released this year for 2017, but there are a few they've said will be coming next year.

For those who don't want to go through a 20+ minute video (or just want the cliff notes), they've revealed for next year the Switch will be receiving Metroid Prime 4 and and
    a main series Pokemon game. Those will be coming out in 2018 at some point and that's all they are teasing at this time. We'll most likely learn more later in the year near the
    Tokyo Game Show in the fall.

As for titles coming to the Switch for 2017, they have announced currently untitled Yoshi and Kirby games. The Yoshi title features the ability to change the perspective of the stage with certain actions
    as well as multiplayer (so far only 2 players have been shown so far). The Kirby game appears to support up to 4 players (as most Kirby games have in the past few years), but if you are solo you can recruit
    up to 3 NPC allies who can fight alongside you and even enhance your abilities with various elemental properties (ie: Fire Sword, Ice Bombs, etc)

Fire Emblem Warriors will be releasing this fall and will feature heroes from Shadow Dragon (Marth), Awakening (Chrom), and Fates (Corrin, Ryoma and Xander) with a pair of OC siblings on
    a journey to stop an evil dragon (ya know, like in most of the main games such as Shadow Dragon and Awakening?). The gameplay is in Dynasty Warriors fashion with Bandai working on the title
    much like they did with Hyrule Warriors.

Super Mario Odyssey has featured some new abilities for Mario via his new hat. He can throw it onto enemies, npcs and objects to gain control of them. Goomba? Bam, you're a goomba. Hammer Bro?
    Throw those hammers like a pro, bro. You can even at some points control a FREAKING TANK OR A T-FUCKING-REX. All of which wil be rocking Mario's hat and trademark stache.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 gave us some insight on the story. You are helping a girl get to a giant tree (I'm pretty sure its called Yggrasil) while recruiting a variety of characters and a potato along the way.

Bethesda showcased the Switch version of Skyrim, which in addition to all of the DLC being included by default, there will be Legend of Zelda amiibo support along with the Master-freaking-Sword, the Hlian
    Shield, and Link's tunic from Breath of the Wild obtainable for in game use (they have not specified whether you can do so in-game by default or if you need amiibo at this time, so take this bit of news
    with a grain or ton of salt). No work yet on if Mod support is included (such as with the XB1 and PS4 versions)

Oh and I guess Rocket League is coming to Switch too.

That's it for now, but E3 still has a few days to go so I'll be letting ya know new stuff as its unleashed upon us. In the meantime, what are your thought?

[EDIT-O-VISION] Apparently Nintendo has dropped a trailer for a Metroid 2 remake on 3DS titled Metroid: Samus Returns. AM2R died for this. I'm conflicted now. Metroid is my fav
    Nintendo IP (after Legend of Zelda) so I'm unsure if I wanna get it (it will come to the 3DS on Sept 15 this year)
    Last edited by mrz84; 06-13-2017 at 04:02 PM. Reason: RAISINS!
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.25%
    2 things to report in on.

First, I forgot to mention in the initial reveal that they (and Ubisoft at their conference) unveiled Mario & Rabbids Kingdom Battle for Switch. It features Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi and Rabbids dressed as the 4 of them as playable characters against a horde of rabbids (some dressed as Mario series enemies such as Petey Piranha and Donkey Kong) in X-Com style gameplay. I did not edit the first post to reflect this due to it already being lengthy.

Second, Nintendo has revealed for the 3DS a remake of Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga.

The game will feature updated visuals (they use the Dream Team and onward graphics) as well as an additional scenario where you play as Bowser's Minions to rescue Bowser from Fawful.

Another thing of note is that Super Mario Odyssey will have amiibo for Mario, Peach and Bowser based on their Wedding attire in the trailers. They will apparently unlock costumes and other currently unknown content.
    Speaking of amiibo, Breath of the Wild will be getting some more based of of the Champions from in-game when the Champion's Ballad DLC releases later this year. It is unknown at the moment what they do other than the standard random assortment of materials you can scan for daily with other amiibo.
    The Metroid 2 remake will be getting a pair of amiibo in the form of a Metroid (it is unique in the fact that it has a squishy feel to it which makes it kinda of life like as if it were alive) and Samus in the pose for the original Metroid 2 box art)
    Lastly, Fire Emblem Warriors will receive amiibo for Chrom (FE-Awakening) and Tiki (FE-SHadowDragon) which do not have their functions revealed yet, but if amiibo support for Fire Emblem Warriors is similar to Hyrule Warriors, they can be scanned daily for materials, money and weapons. Another thing of note is that the quality of all of these amiibo has increased from the initial release of the amiibo line of merchandise (Smash, Super Mario, etc) so we can expect any future amiibo to look fantastic (from a collector's standpoint in quality) in addition to having functionality with various games (all amiibo are supported to this day by various games from the 3DS, Wii U, and Switch)

I'll be back with more as the day goes by. Meanwhile, feel free to discuss what yiu think about E3 thus far (and not just Nintendo, you can feel free to discus Microsoft, Sony, or any of the other developer's showcases and what you think of them).
    Last edited by mrz84; 06-13-2017 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Text formatted wierd, also RAISINS
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Thread Information