0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.68%

Japanese / FDS Version Quest?

Hey guys!

I've been a fan of ZC for over a decade, and wound up downloading it at least once a year to mess around and see what's new.

Until recently, however, I've never wondered if there was a Famicom Disk System Quest for the game with Japanese text as accurate to that version of the game (including changed sounds and audio) as the original version of Zelda Classic?

I couldn't find anything while searching the database and decided to post on the forum just in case it does exist and I'm just failing to find it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.72%
    If this was a few years ago, I'd be willing to do it.

But considering all the copyright stuff going around, this is kind of a non-starter at the moment personally for me. Sorry.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.72%
    I started working on an FDS version two years ago. One thing that I want to do, is esure that 2.6 allows using FDS music, as the present libs do not support it, b ut an upgraded version of the same library, would allow using these sound files, among other new formats.

I composed a Hiragana font, and a Katakana font, in Tango, and I was working on a cross-port of 1st.qst, with additional options, including replication of the FDS intro, loading screens, and manual disk flipping (and FDS sounds for these events). My goal is that the user may disable any of these features that they deem annoying; and should a user wish to build a device to replicate a keypress with a microphone, there is a script that kills Pols Voice when a specific button is pressed, that the player may enable in the menus.

Should all of this flesh out, then I will also do 2nd.qst; but as you can imagine, I have many other projects to complete, and work on ZC itself to finish.

Thread Information