40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.69%
    I don't see why we can't have more than one contest honestly, and why we can't have more community-sponsored contests over official ones. Sometimes we just need damn practice game developing, and if we have them and not every month it's cool.

As for an "Open" Contest, I know that was being discussed, but you have to find someone who's willing to run it, and allow for teams too. That's a whole different ballgame.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Banned
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.48%
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    As for an "Open" Contest, I know that was being discussed, but you have to find someone who's willing to run it, and allow for teams too. That's a whole different ballgame.

-James
    It's a good thing you already found someone willing to do it, then.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.69%
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    It's a good thing you already found someone willing to do it, then.
    I was actually referencing something else that Zoria said, like an open asset non-copyright infringing contest.

I should've been more clear.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.02%
    I am writing to inform you all that I am forfeiting the 6th quest contest. I will include a link to a zip file which includes the music file and an unpassworded quest, with most secrets blanked in the overworld and up to Level 3 complete. You may use this as a resource if you'd like.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7n5nn7j7nd...quest.zip?dl=0

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.69%
    Sorry to hear BigJoe. Maybe if you can stay on to make NSF'S for people that'd be cool

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.69%
    OK, if you guys want it official and be open, I need to find a host that's willing to do a lot of the work. Quite frankly, I don't have time to play more than 10 entries, which is why I limited it in the first place. If it were an open contest, you'd have to play 18-25 entries most likely, along the line of JAMES QUEST difficulty of worse. It has burned out almost every previous host and is a huge undertaking. But I put it up to the community to respond to this if they're interested.

Basically, here would be the job description:

A: able to stream
    B: have the time to stream potentially 25 quests without taking 2-3 to do it, about a year tops.
    C: have the patience to stream through 25 quests from start to finish regardless of how good/bad/hard the quest is without using cheats. You may be able to quit the worst cases, but in general, this would reflect poorly if you did.
    D: be well liked or at least neutral standing with all the forums
    E: be a good enough challenge player to beat all 25 quests/ Here's an example of something you'd be expected to beat without cheats: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...IOzGh7dZBhE1XI
    F: Not be too lenient or too harsh, and able to be able to tell off even the most ardent and veteran questmakers if necessary (like Moosh and me)

If you're willing to put in the work, send me videos or streams of you beating some of the hardest quests without using any type of cheat (extra modes not included). I will review them and if I feel the person is qualified, I will consult with the AGN Staff if they would be acceptable to them.

Once this is taken care of, hopefully I've handled the conflict of interest issue, and we could possibly go open and official.

If we can't decide, then oh well, I did my best.

EDIT: Ruiles Change: Easy Mode is mandatory now. All the early levels are looking like Kaizos.

-James
    Last edited by Nightmare; 06-14-2017 at 06:06 AM.

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.97%
    I would possibly make something if I had the free time (I don't right now), and if it wasn't for the YT requirement. I pretty much gave up on posting videos to YT a while back cause I got fed up with the daily onslaught of Content ID/Copyright claims on old videos from 2008/2009.

I'd practically have to re-learn ZQ all over again too. I barely remember the basics at this point.
    Current Projects: None. Might do something if I ever have the free time again.

Banned
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    39.67%
    Question is if we even want this to be an official contest. I was under the impression that it was a much more casual thing when going in. (And I don't really see the need to push this contest to turn into an official sanction one anyway).

Furthermore, the slippery slope that has been seen when it comes to rules is a bit troubling. My quest is fine currently and follows all rules, but it seems like they keep changing all the time. Some things are minor, but such as demanding an easy mode is pretty big, and is a detail that should have been hashed out before the contest started. (Especially considering what difficulty quests had to be around was already established in the original ruling, now it's more ambiguous, is easy more or had more the one who needs to be between second and third quest difficulty? etc). And some rule changes further down the line may seriously hamper my quest if not outright force me to concede from the contest entirely, there is just no way of knowing.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.69%
    I think the most major rule changes have been done. It's also been an exercise in fluidity too: I want to deal with freedom and don't want to end up being M. Bison either to everyone. Some things are my fault, other things, we just didn't know until we started deving. Once all competitors are locked in no more rule changes period (a.k.a. when Gleeok's demo is approved and he digs in)

Hope that helps.

-James

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    75.69%
    Sorry for the double:

Sorry to hear QW. Glad to hear you replied. If you want to play though you're more than welcome.

-James

Thread Information