Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    27.98%

level 1 passage warping

I am attempting to set up my level 1. I am running into a few warping issues.

Directly, inside level 1 I want to warp from one room to another (tile warp)

I've watched a few online tutorial videos related. I have become frustrated because, I do not end up warping to the intended room location when I press go.

When I set up the tile warp, I:

press f10 (tile warp)

type: passageway
    dmap: 1-level 1
    screen: 10

screen 10 is the screen that I want to warp from and, warp to tile screen 14.

10 to 14

When I select 'go' I end on screen 15, why is it doing this????

If I use the directional arrow keys and go to the square 14, the blue warp box lights up quickly for a second.

I dont warp to the correct screen , what am I doing wrong ?

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaknil View Post
    I am attempting to set up my level 1. I am running into a few warping issues.

Directly, inside level 1 I want to warp from one room to another (tile warp)

I've watched a few online tutorial videos related. I have become frustrated because, I do not end up warping to the intended room location when I press go.

When I set up the tile warp, I:

press f10 (tile warp)

type: passageway

For a direct warp, you want the type to be Insta-Warp with Blackout, or another desired effect. 'Passageway' types automatically warp Link to Screen 81 of the present DMap, as a set of stairs. (If you want the passageway type, you may safely ignore this, as your inquiry was unclear on this point.)

dmap: 1-level 1
    screen: 10

screen 10 is the screen that I want to warp from and, warp to tile screen 14.

10 to 14

When I select 'go' I end on screen 15, why is it doing this????

If I use the directional arrow keys and go to the square 14, the blue warp box lights up quickly for a second.

I dont warp to the correct screen , what am I doing wrong ?
    Look at the DMap settings for the dungeon, and check the room ID there. The DMap offset will change the room ID when using 'Dungeon' and 'Interior' DMap types.

In these cases, what is screen '10' on the Map you are using may very well be screen '14' of the DMap after adjusting for the dungeon offset. Warp destinations use the DMap coordinates.

Thread Information