I feel like sharing.

So last night an incredible wind storm came through. I saw my power flickered a few times so I was prepared for it to go out, and finally it did. I noticed though that not all my devices and lights had completely shut off. Some lights were dim, a few devices still had a power indicator on, it was very strange. So I was walking through my house and inspecting things further when I saw it - a fire outside on the power line right in a tree by the end of my driveway! Great times! So I called 911. After I got off the phone with them, there was a sudden flare, a loud pop, and sparks went everywhere and the power finally went out completely. Lucky for me it rained a little before this all went down or it may have completely ignited the tree and possibly the rest of my yard. After the emergency crews arrived, part of the tree came down right over my driveway. Plain and simple, I was told don't go into my front yard (duh). This was around 8-8:30 last night. So there was nothing else I could do so I went to bed. Thank god I bought a portable charger for my phone! My alarm went off for work, but the mess wasn't cleaned up so I had to call in. Finally by noon today, the mess was cleaned up and power was restored. They had to replace the wire between two of the main poles, but overall I avoided any serious damage (one bulb in the house got overloaded). I am very lucky!

Now to relax and play some Adventure Island!