I was pleasantly surprised earlier when I got a message from @ctrl-alt-delete so I thought I would pop in here and give an update for those who remember me.

So I am already in my 12th year teaching high school math, which is quite amazing since I joined here while I was working on my graduate work before I started my career. This year I am teaching Pre-Calculus (for the first time) and Algebra 2. I have been experimenting with a flipped classroom for my Algebra 2 classes which means I am spending a lot of my time outside of school to make videos on upcoming lessons. For their "homework" my students view the videos and take the notes they would normally do in class. During our class time they work on the assignment or other activities I have planned so they can ask questions in class to help them understand how to approach the problems better. It's amazing to see the level of mathematical discussion I have been having with some of my students this year, but it's a lot of work in the background to create and manage all the videos for the course. I have been putting in sometimes 14-16 hour days this year (or giving up entire weekends on top of that) to make sure I have everything set. This is on top of preparing to teach Pre-Calculus and I haven't seen some of those topics in almost 20 years if I even saw it in the first place. On top of my regular work I have also been putting in late days at school working basketball games (game clock/shot clock) which is nice because I will get some extra pay once I actually have time to fill out all the paperwork.

When I actually do have free time I may finally sit down a play a game or two. Lately it's been Zelda Randomizer. If you haven't seen this yet, get yourself over to Twitch.tv and check out some of the nightly races. I don't play it competitively because I'm really not that fast (I am way too much of a 100% gamer which I need to break) and my laptop is a few years old and isn't built to smoothly stream. It's a lot of fun though and if you haven't tried it look into it. Besides that I am still a die hard hockey fan even if my teams aren't playing that great.

So yeah, there you go. It's not much but it's my life so that's what's going on. I am hoping to drop in here a bit more often since I am starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Oh and I did pre-order a Switch. I know there wasn't a ton of excitement in the thread here but I am sometimes back and forth between Rochester and Buffalo so it would be nice to have something like this on the go more so than just my 3DS. I of course have Breath of the Wild coming as well as Bomberman. I am also interested in the retro gaming club idea that's bouncing around the boards over the past couple days so that will hopefully keep me coming back for more.