Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo View Post
I@ZoriaRPG @Grayswandir @Dimentio
if you have nothing else to say about the implementation of angelscript. then feel free to make another thread to discussion compatibility. It's really sad when i'm forced to put my foot down here cause you kids don't know how to stop.
Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
Because the discussion on Zscript hasn't been constructive. It's been mostly whining about what *might* happen with Zscript. This isn't the thread to discuss what may or may not happen with Zscript in the future. It's not constructive.
I'm not sure why y'all decided that we can't talk about how ZScript and AS interact in this thread. The very first post asks that question:
Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post
2. Is it feasible to switch to AngelScript while maintaining compatibility with old quests (presumably, this would require only supporting the ZASM interpreter, and ZScript could be dropped entirely)? Or would an AngelScript-driven ZC live in its own ecosystem separate from the existing program and quests?
Although we could limit this thread to "the parts of implementing AS that specifically don't have anything to do with ZScript," I didn't see any indication that that was the case, and I think it would be detrimental to do so. Arbitrarily viewing the "two" problems in isolation doesn't seem productive to me.

And in my view, it's been constructive. In the last few pages, @Gleeok learned about a (major?) problem with integrating ZScript and AS (whatever it is we're doing) he was otherwise unaware of.

I think the real problem with, er, being "constructive", is than nobody knows exactly what's going on. I've discussed various options with lots of people, but nowhere have I seen a decision. I think it'd be helpful if @Gleeok or someone briefly described the current AS work done, and what the current plan for the finished product is, even if tentative. It's hard to discuss AS if we're not all on the same page.