Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo View Post
Oh no I'm very serious, one project that has done incredible things with lua is Starbound which also uses JSON along with it and was created to be moddable from the bottom up. This is the sort of approach we need to take when implementing a new language, in fact I'd rather just rewrite zc from scratch. But ya'll too damn lazy for that.
Well, this is what I have suggested as the proper course of action, post-2.6, several times; and nobody even responds to it. :/

Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
Lua is gross, though. What advantage would it have over AS? Atleast AS is somewhat similar to ZScript. I think that is a big factor in it being the right choice. Most people who script in ZC aren't programmers. They only learn what they need of ZScript and would probably be scared off by something so ... different.
Ah, so I'm not the only one that finds Lua to be a bit awful? Really, it's one of the main reasons that I haven't made a Solarus quest--every flipping thing is coded in Lua. You can't do a blasted thing, without coding it as a Lua block, other than place graphics, which are read form a text file listing all of them, into the Lua engine.