User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [ZC 2.54 ] setting Link->Action to LA_DROWNING makes link turn invisable

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    I don't know. As I said before I've been away and out of doing anything with ZC this year beyond trying to get the source to people that wanted it. ZoriaRPG, along with a few others that were interested got early access. I was 'secondary' hoping to find someone that was willing and capable of helping as well.

Saffith was messing with it for a bit before people started clamoring about it (well that and the fact that 2.5 branch wasn't in the repo--I didn't want to put the 2.5 branch up on github immediately because I knew we were undermanned and would regret it if/when ZC started getting forks that might run amok) and removed it for the time being as it wasn't really doing too much anyway and could just re-add it whenever.

[edit]
    It's a shame to resort to huffy-puffy behavior just because of a few differences. I believe about 75% of the changes from those forks could be added without too much fuss. Why focus on the corner cases and difference of opinion about the minority?
    Last edited by Gleeok; 01-17-2017 at 07:56 AM.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    I don't know. As I said before I've been away and out of doing anything with ZC this year beyond trying to get the source to people that wanted it. ZoriaRPG, along with a few others that were interested got early access. I was 'secondary' hoping to find someone that was willing and capable of helping as well.

Saffith was messing with it for a bit before people started clamoring about it (well that and the fact that 2.5 branch wasn't in the repo--I didn't want to put the 2.5 branch up on github immediately because I knew we were undermanned and would regret it if/when ZC started getting forks that might run amok) and removed it for the time being as it wasn't really doing too much anyway and could just re-add it whenever.

[edit]
    It's a shame to resort to huffy-puffy behavior just because of a few differences. I believe about 75% of the changes from those forks could be added without too much fuss. Why focus on the corner cases and difference of opinion about the minority?
    You misunderstand. I don;t have a problem with merging stuff in. I just felt as if most of what I was doing seemed to go against the premise of total separation. Mostly, I don;t want to waste a huge amount of time preparing a series of 50 to 100 separate commits to segregate the patches, if they aren't even going to be included because of some ideological concern.

You do understand that separately committing each change, and keeping them all small, essentially means that when I reimplement them in this branch, I need to make a commit with each change, and there are > 52 total of such changes. Git is not something with which I have reasonable familiarity, none of the GUIs support this type of change--only the shell does--and I'm not sure how to track them and add them, individually. When I tried to do that in the past, Git lumped them all together on its own, and Saffith complained that I made one huge commit, when in reality, it was a group of small commits that Git autromerged.

If I could just send a series of ZIPs with the individual patches to diff, I would have done it by now, and we wouldn't even be discussing this. I need to learn Git shell, and become an expert user, to do what is wanted here. I'm old, tired, and if I'm going to spend N-hours doing something with this, I'd prefer that it isn't just going into a rubbish bin at the end of the day.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.14%
    sorry for the late reply, I kinda forgot about this.
    anyways I just checked if it does it in 2.52 and it is the case
    it still puts him in that state but his drowning graphics are not shown

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblitz16 View Post
    sorry for the late reply, I kinda forgot about this.
    anyways I just checked if it does it in 2.52 and it is the case
    it still puts him in that state but his drowning graphics are not shown
    I;ll add it to the 'would be nice' list, but it will need a rule or something. I would prefer to add all the actions that we plan to support, if any, in one update, and add a rule: 'Older Style Link->Action, for compatibility.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    I'm going to leave this one alone, until we reach a point where, using ffcore.link_action, I can provide simulated (script-only) actions.

Thread Information