User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017

  1. #11
    Username Kaiser SUCCESSOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Winning.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,435
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    10,348
    Level
    30
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.82%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    3.88%
    Monthly Activity
    4.76%
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    Well, GamerGate IS a hate campaign. What else do you call it?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Well, people who check their facts call it a hashtag movement that concerns itself with integrity in gaming journalism and against censorship.
    Last edited by SUCCESSOR; 01-23-2017 at 07:43 PM.

  2. #12
    Username Kaiser SUCCESSOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Winning.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,435
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    10,348
    Level
    30
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.82%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    3.88%
    Monthly Activity
    4.76%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_Balsac View Post
    This would be an excellent point, if we were talking about normies, and not a company's PR department, which is trained in such propaganda and very likely to see through it.
    Err... A PR department cares about one thing. Can you guess it? Right! PR! They could give a damn about facts or propaganda. They only care about what is generally accepted and what makes for a good image. GamerGate being a "hate campaign" is generally accept and speaking against it makes for a good image.

  3. #13
    Quest Builder Anarchy_Balsac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    2,364
    Level
    15
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.04%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    Err... A PR department cares about one thing. Can you guess it? Right! PR! They could give a damn about facts or propaganda. They only care about what is generally accepted and what makes for a good image. GamerGate being a "hate campaign" is generally accept and speaking against it makes for a good image.

    Yes and no, PR does care about a good image, this is true, but a good image is best achieved with persuasion, so any company worth its salt will hire propagandists for the job. There may be exceptions, sure, but in practice, PR is propaganda.

  4. #14
    Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Saffith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Age
    35
    Posts
    3,352
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    6,094
    Level
    24
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    37.86%
    Monthly Activity
    35.34%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Well, people who check their facts call it a hashtag movement that concerns itself with integrity in gaming journalism and against censorship.
    First time I've seen that claim invoked to defend Gamergaters rather than to mock them. Does anyone really still believe it?
    I'm not 100% sure this isn't sarcastic, but that would be incongruent.
    [téknolŕiz]

    ffcscript.zh 1.1.1 - Updated 2014-08-19
    ghost.zh 2.8.2 - Updated 2017-09-10
    tango.zh 1.3.1 - Updated 2017-12-27

  5. #15
    Username Kaiser SUCCESSOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Winning.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,435
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    10,348
    Level
    30
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.82%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    3.88%
    Monthly Activity
    4.76%

    not a test

    Quote Originally Posted by Saffith View Post
    First time I've seen that claim invoked to defend Gamergaters rather than to mock them. Does anyone really still believe it?
    I'm not 100% sure this isn't sarcastic, but that would be incongruent.
    The laughter was sarcastic. I really don't know why I posted it. I was likely tired.

    I imagine you are decidedly ignorant about GamerGate then, because that it what it has always been about. Considering a quick look on twitter still shows the tag being used to call out stupid censorship, I believe it. This guy believes it:

    "I see GamerGate as the best modern example of how a false narrative can be socially engineered by coordinating the five C’s:

    1. Confirmation Bias, leading to the cherry picking of only data that supports one’s position;

    2. Composition Fallacy, arguing that a part defines the whole;

    3. Clickbait Business Model, incentivizing sensational stories spread through social media;

    4. Complicit Mass Media, pushing eagerly any War-Against-Women/harassment story;

    5. Collectivism, justifying outrage and action for the “greater good.”

    So what is GamerGate? From my one year of observation and interaction on Twitter, it’s simple: gamers pushing for free enterprise and free markets in the gaming industry; gamers asking for a competitive market free of collusion, free of corruption, and free of control of artistic creativity by authoritarians. In short, GamerGate is a freedom movement.

    Don’t take my word for it. Scrape the Twitter API, code the content, run the statistical analysis. If you’re anti-GamerGate, you’ll be surprised by what you find."

    ~NICK FLOR
    Associate Professor, Anderson School of Management, University of New Mexico

    (Hey, look. He's from my city.)
    Last edited by SUCCESSOR; 01-24-2017 at 06:40 PM.

  6. #16
    Username Kaiser SUCCESSOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Winning.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,435
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    10,348
    Level
    30
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.82%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    3.88%
    Monthly Activity
    4.76%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_Balsac View Post
    Yes and no, PR does care about a good image, this is true, but a good image is best achieved with persuasion, so any company worth its salt will hire propagandists for the job. There may be exceptions, sure, but in practice, PR is propaganda.
    You are imagining the inner workings of a massive corporations to fit your narrative. Nintendo doesn't give a crap about Gamergate. In all likelihood it went something like this:

    Nintendo PR Person: "Seems we are taking heat because someone said we referenced something called Gamergate."
    Head PR Person: "WTF is Gamergate?!"
    Nintendo PR Person: *googles Gamergate* "Apparently its a group that harasses women."
    Head PR Person: "Alright, make a statement saying we dislike whatever it's called again."

  7. #17
    Quest Builder Anarchy_Balsac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    2,364
    Level
    15
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.04%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0%
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffith View Post
    First time I've seen that claim invoked to defend Gamergaters rather than to mock them. Does anyone really still believe it?
    I'm not 100% sure this isn't sarcastic, but that would be incongruent.
    Ask yourself what is more likely? That a rogue group from one of the most socially progressive communities on Earth became misogynists and harassed women cus misogyny? Or that the media, which has always hated gamers in the first place, spent years trying and failing to paint us as violent, decided that the wave of political correctness (that I believe started with an idiot radio host calling someone a slut for taking excessive amounts of birth control), and took advantage of the term "GamerGate" to paint ALL of us as misogynist woman haters, because science kept proving the whole violence thing wrong?

    To me, the latter is far more plausible. I will say that GamerGate lacked the persuasion to have good PR(aside from Mike Cernovich, but he was more a sympathizer than a true GamerGater), and was too busy cucking itself to press ANY advantages it gained (seriously, I wish someone would throw mundane matt's fat ass off a building). But having bad PR doesn't mean you are wrong or that the malicious and evil gamer-hating media is correct. It's anti-gamer propaganda, they hate us gamers, always have.

    @SUCCESSOR We're going to have to agree to disagree. I personally don't see how any company with any level of competence could possibly hire PR departments full of people with little to no understanding of persuasion, propaganda, or anything of the sort. To me, that makes no sense. Perhaps Nintendo is incompetent, but even that is hardly a defense, even then, they negligently slandered us.

  8. #18
    Username Kaiser SUCCESSOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Winning.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,435
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    10,348
    Level
    30
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.82%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    3.88%
    Monthly Activity
    4.76%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_Balsac View Post
    @SUCCESSOR We're going to have to agree to disagree. I personally don't see how any company with any level of competence could possibly hire PR departments full of people with little to no understanding of persuasion, propaganda, or anything of the sort. To me, that makes no sense. Perhaps Nintendo is incompetent, but even that is hardly a defense, even then, they negligently slandered us.
    I'm sure their PR is very apt at what they do. There is just no reason for them to care about GamerGate. It would do nothing for them to sort out the truth of GamerGate and it does nothing (significantly) ill to them to negligently slander it.

  9. #19
    Quest Builder Anarchy_Balsac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    743
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    2,364
    Level
    15
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    99.04%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    0%
    Monthly Activity
    0%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    I'm sure their PR is very apt at what they do. There is just no reason for them to care about GamerGate. It would do nothing for them to sort out the truth of GamerGate and it does nothing (significantly) ill to them to negligently slander it.
    Well, their customers ARE gamers, so you'd THINK it would.................if not for the fact that Nintendo could murder half its fanbase and the other half would buy double to help them not lose revenue.

  10. #20
    Username Kaiser SUCCESSOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Winning.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,435
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    10,348
    Level
    30
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.82%
    Daily Activity
    0%
    Weekly Activity
    3.88%
    Monthly Activity
    4.76%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_Balsac View Post
    Well, their customers ARE gamers, so you'd THINK it would.................if not for the fact that Nintendo could murder half its fanbase and the other half would buy double to help them not lose revenue.
    Gamers and GamerGate are not synonymous. Nintendo slandering GamerGate isn't the same as slandering all gamers. GamerGate is just a very small vocal group of gamers.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Armageddon Games is a game development group founded in 1997. We are extremely passionate about our work and our inspirations are mostly drawn from games of the 8-bit and 16-bit era.
Social