Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%

Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017

So the Big N has given more details for the Switch. The video itself is over an hour long, so instead, I will be linking the playlist which has trailers for most of the stuff Nintendo is making themselves, with a video giving some highlights of 1st and 3rd party titles. The presentation itself is at the bottom of the list if you feel like watching it, but I'll be posting some of the details from it after the playlist link.

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...-zpA1iP2AU9vjE

So what is in the show itself and not in any of the trailers? Release date for the console, market price, and some other details.

First off, Nintendo go out of their way in the first minutes to mention they are NOT doing region-locking with the Switch (so if a game in another country comes out but no localization for yours in sight? import it if you so desire). Second, the release date for the Switch itself is March 3, 2017. So a less than 2 months away from now. Third, the market price for the Switch will be $299 (or about $300).

Foruth, the Switch will have a payed Subscribtion deal (similar to Xbox Live and PS Plus) that will be in Free Trial Mode until Fall of 2017 and features included are 1 free game a month (its an NES/SNES game with added online features that will be only available for that month it seems), exclusive deals (most likely discounts), and Voice Chat. Honestly not too keen on some of the Online policy choices (XB Live already has better with its free games being your even if you end you sub) but at least the eshop isn't locked behind it (that would be a dumb move really if it was) and we'll just see once the trial for it starts in March (honestly not optimistic about it, though I always had a feeling they would go the paid sub for online route sooner or later)

Also, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is set for Day 1 Launch title (though it is also a Wii U title so no idea if it gets the same release date on both or not yet...at least to my knowledge)

So what are your thoughts? Personally, I'm a bit excited. I went in not expecting anything other LoZ:BotW details at best and came out with some titles on my wish list (Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2 to name a few) and think it will be nice. Time will see what else we get. There are supposed to be more details today (and most likely more before the 3/3/2017 launch)

[EDIT--VISION] Here is a list off all currently known games for the Switch (courtesy of GameFaqs, take that with however much salt you want) http://www.gamefaqs.com/switch/category/999-all
    Later, taters.
    Last edited by mrz84; 01-13-2017 at 03:29 PM. Reason: RAISINS! He's my intelligence guy.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    89.14%
    Too expensive, $250 or less was the sweet spot here, and their biggest draw will be released on the Wii U still too, which is a mistake. I'll just pick it up there and not worry about the new console.
    Not currently interested in it.
    When they get a price drop I may take a look if they get some third party support this time.
    I'm tired of buying Nintendo consoles just to play a couple titles.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    Not at all interested. I'll get BotW on my Wii U and pass on the Switch. New Mario looks kinda neat, but not enough to make me want to buy the system. Don't care for modern JRPGs either, and Skyrim? I've bought that game twice already. Don't need another one. I'll pass.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Armageddon Task Manager

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.77%
    New Mario looks weird, they'll have to convince me.

It'll be tempting to have BotW on the go but it's free on Wii U so I'll probably be in the "wait and see" crowd too.

<SUCCESSOR> Its Shadowblazer's dark essence invading the forums

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.38%
    Nintendo jumped on the anti-Gamer/anti-GG bandwagon in their "ShuffleGate Response" calling us gamers a "Hate Campaign", I'm interested in the Switch and in Mario Odyessy, but I'll buy them 2nd hand, if at all. They'll NEVER get MY money again.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_Balsac View Post
    Nintendo jumped on the anti-Gamer/anti-GG bandwagon in their "ShuffleGate Response" calling us gamers a "Hate Campaign", I'm interested in the Switch and in Mario Odyessy, but I'll buy them 2nd hand, if at all. They'll NEVER get MY money again.
    That's a little rash. What is Nintendo more likely to see, cancerous Internet Feminism lies and propaganda or a modest twitter campaign that doesn't get attention unless it's being made the villain? When Zoe Quinn can still play the victim about any vague thing she likes a round up over 20,000 likes and shares, I think the answer is obvious. I mean the fact that she is still being referred to as a designer is pretty telling of media bias.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.38%
    Quote Originally Posted by SUCCESSOR View Post
    That's a little rash. What is Nintendo more likely to see, cancerous Internet Feminism lies and propaganda or a modest twitter campaign that doesn't get attention unless it's being made the villain? When Zoe Quinn can still play the victim about any vague thing she likes a round up over 20,000 likes and shares, I think the answer is obvious. I mean the fact that she is still being referred to as a designer is pretty telling of media bias.
    This would be an excellent point, if we were talking about normies, and not a company's PR department, which is trained in such propaganda and very likely to see through it.

As much as I hated Iwata, his Successor (eh, no pun intended) has been WAY worse, and shows every sign possible of hating his customers. The ShuffleGate thing was just his worst offense on that front, but far from his only one.
    Last edited by Anarchy_Balsac; 01-22-2017 at 04:09 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.48%
    Well, GamerGate IS a hate campaign. What else do you call it?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.38%
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    Well, GamerGate IS a hate campaign. What else do you call it?
    Either you are trolling, or.............you actually believe the media, the same media who spent years trying to paint us as violent, only to get proven wrong by science. I'm not sure which is worse.

The CONleaks, FBI files, and JournoPros leaks all prove that the accusations were fabricated. You also fail to understand how propaganda works. The first word "gamer" means anything associated with it, WILL be associated with ALL gamer, this is deliberate, as the media are expert propagandists. If this was a joke, I understand, but if not, be careful what you believe from the media.
    Last edited by Anarchy_Balsac; 01-23-2017 at 05:57 PM.

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.91%
    It's a duel with Nerf guns at dawn at ten paces for you two.

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Thread Information