Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo View Post
I'll be honest with you. Door Sets need a new implementation. "The Old one must remain and|or it must be built around it, preferably the former". In the future it would be nice if we had multiple doors per wall, sbomb doors (for NES dungeons where secrets cannot be permanent unless you treat as interior), custom door widths, and the ability to move the doors along the walls and away from the wall if we choose.

I could say the same for mapscreen in general. As I mentioned to Gleeok recently, the entire way that we do maps is a bastard to change. It would be better, for a future version, to make a wholly new map system, and then we would be stuck with a big switch of:

if ( version >= 3 ) { DoNewStuff(); } else { PrayOldStuffWorks(); }

For the present, at the least, I added a whole bunch of stuff work working with maps in the script language to 2.54, 2.55, 2.60, 2.sheep. I ran into a fun time when i wanted to make save state functions, when the screens used NES DUngeon doors, because there was no way to remotely read, or set them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelouche Vi Britannia View Post
Based on that, I think I better use lockblocks instead of dungeon doors. Sounds like it's either impossible to use the doors or just really annoying to try.

If you want to look at how I did any of this, I have scripts posted both on ZC.com and Pure.

Scripted Lockblocks, Doors (ZC.com)
Scripted Chest Game, and Chests (ZC.com)