This quest, crashes when scrolling on all builds of the 2.50.x branch. It did not seem to crash on 2.50.3RC1, but it sure did on a clean build of the repo from 4-Dec-16.

This seems to happen in conjunction with super-fast scrolling, and some mad method that the quest creator is using to handle adding and removing enemies using arrays.

From Aevin:
This is probably related to my enemy spawn script. Enemies in Yuurei use a custom spawn system that works by storing the number of enemies remaining on each screen in an array, then spawning them based on a number of checks triggered by the screen scrolling. It ditches any enemies that normally spawn by moving them offscreen, then spawns the correct number of npcs from the array. The opening screen's "remaining enemies" number should always be zero with this method, though, so I'm confused why anything would ever try to spawn there ...
Would someone do an msys build of the 2.50.x repo tree, and verify that this happens for them?

We tested it on this build: http://timelord.insomnia247.nl/zc/zc...0.3_Beta_2.zip

This was built from the 2.50.x tree on 4-Dec-16.

It does not happen in 2.50.2, and from what we could tell, it did not happen on 2.50.3RC1, but it did happen on a build fro the tree. That's why I'm asking for a separate confirmation on builds of that tree. Perhaps there is some change that is in 2.50.3 that was not integrated properly in the tree, such as the parser array changes that Saffith made. Anything like that should have been corrected when we rebuild the flex files, yet this bug is carried through the entirety of our fork like a contagion.

All you need to to create this crash, is move one screen in any direction from the start, then go back tot he starting screen. That has seemed to randomly crash the game. The quest is also generating this error, in conjunction with its scripts, and autoghost, and probably npc arrays.