Reported by @Mitsukara ... I hope that she will clarify the issue. What follows is a transcript from Skype. It concerns this quest:
http://www.purezc.net/forums/index.p...a#entry1009767

AFAIK, the extremely hardcoded scripts are all in the buffer, if you want to look at them.

Message Transcript

Mitsukara: also,Zoria
Mitsukara: it changed the solidity of the wrong combos
Mitsukara: for some reason combo 278 stopped being solid
Mitsukara: here's the screen that's supposed to get changed (it doesn't have combo 278 on it at all)

Mitsukara: here's the original solidity before changes

Mitsukara: here's what the changes are supposed to be

Mitsukara: here's what it would do, though

Mitsukara: and the same thing changed combo 278, which is some mountains

ZoriaRPG: @Mitsukara , do you know by how much it's offsetting?'

Mitsukara: No, because all those water combos it's supposed to change and aren't are in a pretty wide range of positions
Mitsukara: the earliest one is combo 8 and the latest one is 694
Mitsukara: if the player has item 126 in their inventory, it checks if the water combos on that screen (aside from the sideview water, over on the left) are solid, and if they are, it makest hem all non-solid (0000b)

ZoriaRPG: this was without re-saving, right?
ZoriaRPG : FWIW f you recompilke and save, the solidity bug may go away
ZoriaRPG : but we want to fix stuff like that, not advise makin a new quest'

Mitsukara: Yes, it was a version I'd saved in 2.50.2
Mitsukara: as I start to type this report I realize that I can't document it very well without spending the better part of an hour on the report,
Mitsukara: and I'm very tirede and have a bunch of stuff to go out and do tomorrow in less than 12 hours
Mitsukara: so I think I should save my draft on this report, and do it right tomorrow night, instead of an incomplete report tonight