User Tag List

Thread: [Content Packages] Open Source Media Files for ZC (Progress, To-Do, Details)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.32%

[Content Packages] Open Source Media Files for ZC (Progress, To-Do, Details)

As I had discussed withy @DarkDragon , and @Gleeok (IIRC), I've started working on the goal of assembling sans-license, or non-infringing content to include with the source file distributions.

To this end, I have started contacting people who have such content, who can grant the use to it, or who will potentially create it for us; scouring libraries for media that we can use, and the like.

As I see it, we need the following:

[*]A set of quests that are not directly based off a Zelda game, but may be in that style.
    [*]I would also prefer to include some samples of script usage, item and enemy editor usage, and the like, in these.
    [*]A graphics package that is wholly original; that does not contain any commercial materials.[*]Sound effects for all of the internal, and default sounds.[*]Music files, for Level, Overworld, Final Level: These may be MIDI, enhanced, or chip tunes.[*]Sprites for all the weapons, enemies, and animations. [*]An intro splash that does not directly use Nintendo properties.

Thus far, I have heard back from @Bagel , who may be willing to compose some original music for the open-source ZC project, in a Zelda style, that is not infringing.

I'm waiting to hear back from others, and I will inform everyone of the progress in this endeavour. If I have overlooked some form of content that we require, please reply and notify me.

Thread Information