Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22.12%

Multiple secrets on the same page

Hi I'm using Zc 2.50.2 what I am attemping is that i already have is a tile warp for a secret money cave through armos-secret for the entrance. I would like to add a bomb able wall to reveal a cave for a heart container. I cant set another tile warp with the room type other than the one that I have selected for the armos... is it possible to have multiple tile warps for this purpose? if so how is this done? Thanks in advance.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonPrespective View Post
    Hi I'm using Zc 2.50.2 what I am attemping is that i already have is a tile warp for a secret money cave through armos-secret for the entrance. I would like to add a bomb able wall to reveal a cave for a heart container. I cant set another tile warp with the room type other than the one that I have selected for the armos... is it possible to have multiple tile warps for this purpose? if so how is this done? Thanks in advance.
    There are four distinct tile warp types, A, B, C, and D.

Check your stairs combo, that you are using for the Armos stairs. If you edit the combo, you will see that it is one of the four following:

Staira A, Stairs B, Stairs C, Stairs D.

For the cave combo, in bomb secrets, select a combo of 'Cave Walk Down X' where X is not the same warp as your stairs. Thus, if you are using 'Stairs A', use 'Cave Walk Down B' for the bomb secret.

Then, go to the menu Screen->Tile Warp
    In the tile warp settings, click on the tab corresponding to the warp ID. They are labelled A, B, C, D.
    Once selected, set the type, DMap, screen ID, and the warp return.

The 'Warp Return' setting corresponds to the four warp return squares (blue icon in the ZQuest editor) that you should place on screens to which you send Link by warp. When set, Link will be sent to the warp return square (again, these are A, B, C, D) that matches this setting. It is very important to properly configure warp returns.

When placing the return square, for a cave, place it exactly over the cave combo. This will cause Link to walk out of the cave.

For any other type of tile warp, do not place the warp return point over the warp tile, as that could cause Link to re-warp. :)
    Caves are a special exception.

You can usually ignore the green icon that looks similar to the blue warp returns. This is for old quests, as a compatibility thing, so that quests from 2.10 and earlier work in 2..50 and later.

I hope this sets you on the right path. Let us know if you need any further help with warps.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    22.12%
    Thank you very much This is the perfect fix for what I needed!!!!

Thread Information