User Tag List

Thread: ZQuest - tiles adv-pasted on animated/cycled combos reset if combo editor opened

Gel
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.03%

Sick Bug ZQuest - tiles adv-pasted on animated/cycled combos reset if combo editor opened

ZQ version: 2.50.2 official release

Open ZQuest and use the default new quest template.

Pick combos that are either animated or have a cycle. I'm using the spinning tiles at the bottom of this list:
    Spoiler: show

Open combo page to those combos. Mine are here:

Pick any other combo, hit ctrl+c, go back to those combos, hit ctrl+v for Advanced Paste, select "Tile" checkbox:

Here I replaced the first 6 spinning tiles with mountain tops:

Now open the combo editor (either click "Edit" or press "e"). You can pick a combo you pasted to or one you didn't touch. You can edit data or not. You can hit "OK" or "Cancel". Here I picked the last combo I pasted to:

See that the tile data has already been reset upon opening the editor. Exit the combo editor ("OK" or "Cancel") and see that all other adv-pasted tile data has also been reset:

This only happens when edits are made after a paste for the duration that the combo page is opened. Say I take a different tile and do the same adv-paste process...

...but this time click "Done" instead of "Edit," the adv-pasted tile data will stay...
    ...and further edits made after re-opening the combo page won't cause those paste jobs to reset. (Though the process restarts once more adv-pasted tiles are done in another combo page session.)

Far as I can tell, this only relates to adv-pasted tile data - all other data (CSet2/Walkability/etc.) remains unaffected by this. I'd guess it has something to do with the animation rather than the fact that the combo cycles, since it also happens with animated water that doesn't cycle, but I'll leave that for the coders to determine.

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.57%
    Yep, it's the animation. It doesn't update the animation on pasting the tile, then it resets the animation on edit. Fixed.

Thread Information