So I've been thinking of doing a Nuzlocke run for one of the pokemon games recentyl, but I don't know which one yet. So I thought I'd ask for opinions and suggestions here on AGN.

Also, I'll be doing a Zelda-locke (a Zelda-ish themed nuzlocke) for my run with a few rules I added myself.

The standard Zelda-locke rules (at least what I've found)

This variant uses "rupees" and "fairies" from the Legend of Zelda series as a
scoring system and bonus system, respectively.

-Item limiting: You may only use 4 items, excluding Pokéballs of any kind, per battle.
-Rupees: Each encounter costs 50 rupees; if you want to catch a Pokémon, you need at least 50 rupees.
You start the game with 300 rupees. Your starter does not cost any rupees.
-Rupees: For every NPC trainer you beat, you are rewarded 10 rupees; for every Pokémon that dies, you
are deducted 50 rupees. Beating your rival, excluding the first rival fight, earns you 20 rupees
and beating a Gym Leader/Elite Four Member earns you 30 rupees; beating the Champion gives you 50 rupees.
-Fairies (catch rule exception): At the beginning of every run, you are granted 3 fairies.
A fairy allows you to get any Pokémon you want on any route, but it comes with a catch - you must
roll a die every time you summon a fairy. Rolling a 1 or 2 grants you the power of Farore, which means
you can only catch your encounter in grass; a 3 or 4 grants you the power of Nayru, meaning you can
only Surf or fish for your encounter, and a 5 or 6 grants you the power of Din, meaning your
fairy burns up and you can't use it at all.

Added rules (by me):

-All nicknames must be from the Legend of Zelda (any game applies except the cd-i games)

That's all I got so far.

As for the games themselves, I'm sticking with only main games (no spin-offs, remakes are ok)

Gen 1: Red/Blue/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen
Gen 2: Silver/Gold/SoulSilver/HeartGold
Gen 3: Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/AlphaSapphire/OmegaRuby
Gen 4: Pearl/Diamond/Platinum
Gen 5: White/Black/White2/Black2
Gen 6: X/Y

Once a game is decided, I'll post a updates in a new thread (for the nuzlocke run itself) as I progress. Maybe post pics, too. If I play one of the games on 3DS I'll post Miiverse pics for my progress.