Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.22%
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo View Post
    There are too many choices still @Nightmare . Please eliminate around half of them. I am not a crackpot.
    Well, it's the first round. We will narrow them down as the rounds go on.

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.27%
    Do I just post my R1 picks here or PM them?
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.22%
    Quote Originally Posted by mrz84 View Post
    Do I just post my R1 picks here or PM them?
    Just PM them to me in .GIF or spreadsheet form (if possible)

-James

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.22%

Round 2, start voting.

Round 1 notes:

1. Green Ranger won outright! While I tried to favor unknown characters in ties, I probably would not have advanced the Green Ranger in a tie. So just so you know, that was a legit win by one vote.

2. Simon Belmont, oh my, Simon Belmont. Why were you never in GameFAQ's brackets? You are such a treasure to classic players.

3. Bad day for Sony characters and Mortal Kombat. Both got ejected pretty ruthlessly.

4. Finally, Master Chief wins one that's not against a nobody!

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.13%
    I guess the metal slime ran away in round 1. ..figures it would do that.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.22%
    I'll write up previews now that we don't have 32 matches:

1. Link (Classic) vs. Master Chief
    YAY! Master Chief got off the snide, finally winning a match vs. a reputable character. I think his momentum will clearly end here, maybe with a sympathy vote or two. Classic Link is one of those characters that transcends time and history, Master Chief doesn't do that.
    Prediction: Link (Classic)

2. Kyo Kusanagi vs. Alucard
    While it clearly showed last round that Darkrai isn't very well known outside of the Pokemon community, I think Kyo has a serious uphill battle here. Beating a game-specific character is possible, even for a character that's from a minor game, but Alucard, who's been in several Castlevania games in a few generations, just don't think so.
    Prediction: Alucard

3. Kefka vs. Mega Man (Classic)
    Thsi one is painful for me to make a personal pick on. Kefka is the epitome of villains, Mega Man is classic. This one hurts.
    Prediction: TCTC

4. Deadpool vs. Mewtwo
    This should be fun. Here you literally have a character that springboarded in popularity from a video game (Marvel vs. Capcom 3), got people to read his comics, and recently had a $350 million movie. On the other side, the undisputed #1 popular character from a game that has generated billions of dollars, and screams he's too powerful, and also an icon. I think it'll be divided here.

5. Darth Vader vs. Heihachi Mishima
    I love Tekken, I really do. But I don't see any way Heihachi gets anything more than a sympathy vote here. Vader transcends all people, sorry.
    Prediction: Darth Vader

6. Ganon vs. Sonic the Hedgehog
    This is just wrong. I personally can't pick one unless it comes down to a tie, I love 'em both, even being a classic Nintendo fanboy. The fans should eat this one up.
    Prediction: Play Browl or Smash 4, have them battle, pick your winner that way, lol.

7. Wesker vs. Crono
    It's amazing how Crono defies time: His game has taken a hit in recent years; yet, he still beats a recent trend like Iron Man. He'll have his hands full here, against another fan favorite. This might be the end of Crono.
    Prediction: Wesker

8. Pac-Man vs. Solid Snake
    Battle of icons, from two different eras. If this was TG, Pac-Man wins hands down. If this is GameFAQs, Snake wins hands down. Depends on the age and demographic, though I think Snake takes this.
    Prediction: Solid Snake

9. Green Ranger vs. M. Bison
    I really, really hated the last round. Lame show vs. one of the characters I hate the absolute most. I don't understand Power Rangers popularity, honestly. But it's there. Bison has not been polling well either. I think I lose this pick, and the Green Ranger rides into the Sweet 16.
    Prediction: Green Ranger

10. Vegeta vs. Dante
    I really distaste DB-Z too, so I'm kinda biased here. Don't like Dante, but I think he's cooler and should beat the crap out of Vegeta.
    Prediction: Dante (close)

11. Bowser vs. Batman
    A lot of people like Bowser, but I just think he's a terrible villain compared to Ganon or Kefka for example. And he's going against Batman. I don't think Bowser has a chance, but then again, he is a Nintendo character. You never know
    Prediction: Batman

12. Kyogre vs. Link (OoT)
    Once again, one of those really, really dependent on where you are type of matchups. If I was to run this on a Pokemon Board, Kyogre (commonly called Ky00ber), would tear a new asshole into Link. If this was GameFAQs, Link would crush. I think this depends on who votes, really. The unstoppable force vs. the immovable object.
    Prediction: Link (OoT)

13. Mario vs. Zero
    Another dream matchup, and we are probably an Inafune-strike away from having Zero in Smash honestly.
    Prediction: Mario (close)

14. Simon Belmont vs. Goku
    This furthers my argument, why the hell did Simon Belmont never, EVER make a GameFAQs Character Battle? He whipped those Hadoukens back at Ryu so hard that Ryu couldn't even get out of the way. Personally, I hope he whips those Kamehame-ha's back at Goku as well. I really, Really, REALLY distaste DB-Z and really don't understand why Simon is blackballed at GameFAQ's despite being the main of one of the bigger NES series.
    Prediction: Simon Belmont (not close)

15. Wolverine vs. Brick
    Apologize ahead of time for sounding possibly racist, but Brick just carries a different type of player in his popularity tree, just from Borderlands and being a character of color. I think he's a tough out for any character because of this and will cause a lot of loyalty/hate and could force a lot of ties and close matches. Further this being a battle of two badasses, this could be as close as the Zelda match.

16. Sephiroth vs. Captain Falcon
    HI HO! CLOUD STRIFE IS DEAD! But his evil counterpart still exists. I think it's only a matter of time until Sephiroth makes Smash 4 as well (or the next Smash game). This match might unfortunately become a reality later on, but for now, it's fantasy. Personally liking the race car driver better, I think it'll be close. I also don't think FF7 polls well outside of GameFAQ's either.

EDIT: Day 2 updates:

Day 2 updates:

1. No one's safe. More upsets possibly.
    2. Poor Kyo and Sephiroth. They are being absolutely trucked.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 04-08-2016 at 09:18 PM.

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.22%
    Early Projections time:

The one thing I'm going to say, the licensed characters who are doing exceptionally well (Batman, Wolverine, Deadpool ESPECIALLY, and Darth Vader) all have had some kind of a prominent role in a video game.

Batman: Arkham Knight series (nuff said)
    Wolverine: VS. Series
    Deadpool: Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    Darth Vader: Soul Calibur 4

We'll see where this plays out.

-James
    Last edited by Nightmare; 04-10-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.22%
    Round 3:

1. Conflicting fanbases keep votes close.

2. Some big upsets: Mario and Snake gone, (to some) Sephiroth gets blown out. We will see some new faces this year

3. Dante makes the Sweet 16! Finally he shows up, boosted by Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

4. Ode to Deadpool: It was nice knowing you, especially that your back was built on video games. We will miss you.

Now for the matchups:

1. Link (Classic) vs. Alucard

Both have been around for a while and carry serious fanbases. Will we have a Symphony of the Night, or will we EXCUUUUUUUUSE ME, VAMPIRE?

2. Kefka vs. Mewtwo

Another one of those irresitable forces vs. immovable object type of matchups. Will the Evil Magitek Knight make the Pokemon King a Goner, or will Mewtwo sacrifice himself for another victory?

3. Darth Vader vs. Ganon

Will we we brooding in the Dark Side, or will Vader be Ganon-banned to the Evil Jar?

4. Crono vs. Pac-Man

Two surprises. Crono's still strong, and Pac-Man upset Solid Snake. Battle of Classics.

5. Green Ranger vs. Dante.

Will the Green Ranger beat up more weak competition, or will Dante finally make an Elite Eight?

6. Batman vs. Link (OoT)

Fireworks here, for sure. Batman put Bowser in his rightful place, but will he do so to the Hero of Time. Wait and see.

7. Zero vs. Simon Belmont

Oh my GameFAQs, oh my GameFAQs, why do youuuuuu, keep me out? I will hope, to do some whipping, to that robot, Zero!

8. Wolverine vs. Captain Falcon

Will we slice and dice to Rated R, or will there be a Falcon Punch to victory?

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.22%

Notes:

1. Link isn't as strong of a character when all his iterations aren't lumped all together: The Links are separate characters, and it shows

2. Vader's out. Probably the biggest upset so far. I did not expect this.

3. The Green Ranger's run comes to a bitter end.

4. The Legend of Zelda representative is not Link, but pig-nose himself. You will be Ganon-Banned to the Evil Jar!

5. Zero vs. Wolverine: Let Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 decide the winner?

Matchup previews

1. Alucard vs. Kefka

Will Alucard grab his sword and avenge evil, or will Kefka make Alucard go like Dracula and be a goner?

2. Ganon vs. Crono

Upset of the tournament. Will we be travelling in time, or will Crono be Ganon-Banned to the Evil Jar?

3. Dante vs. Batman

Green Ranger's run ends in a tight one, can Dante pull more momentum, or will Batman put a crushing on the weak bracket?

4. Zero vs. Wolverine

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 anyone? Let that decide the winner

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.22%

Notes:

1. Matches were pretty close. Only Batman ran away with it.

2. Numbers are better than claws.

Previews:

Kefka vs. Ganon

Will we have a monument to non-existance, or will Kefka be cursed with Demise like Link and Zelda?

Batman vs. Zero

Will the Batmobile be brand spanking new, or will Batman be hunted down like a maverick?

Vote away!

-James

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:

Thread Information