User Tag List

Thread: Issues with updating an old quest.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.02%

Issues with updating an old quest.

Hi there; I recently found Zelda Classic after it was mentioned by other users on Zelda Universe, and since it's been a dream of mine to make a game of any kind I figured I'd try it. I found a quest I was looking for- a remake of LoZ II in LoZ I style. It's pretty good so far, but I'm not entirely keen on it; as much as I love it being LoZ I style, it's a bit TOO like LoZ I- having to reacquire the Magical Sword and Shield. I've also noticed there's a lot of non-Zelda music in it, and still far too many enemies on screen, so it's a pain to get to the southern part of Northern Hyrule. I was looking to edit it, however, this remake came out in 2004 and was done by pLeitorian(?) I think, and the quest is password protected. Is there a way to contact him or bypass the password lock? He's not been active here for like 6 years and had a hard drive crash in 2005 so he might not even know how to access the quest editing now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.09%
    There are ways to bypass the password lock, I don't remember myself but I know it was discussed elsewhere on the board.
    Lost my wings and grew 8 tentacles... I've seen enough Hentai to know where this is going....

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.02%
    Ok, I'll take a look around. This is my first time using Zelda Classic, so I apologize if I ask something that's common knowledge here or sound ill-informed.

I admit this take on LoZ II is better than the actual LoZ II, but at the same time, I don't feel as if it really cuts the cake completely. I'm not keen on the mismatched colors of the sprites of the village sand and pathway's sand, and as much as I love hearing other music, I'm not keen on non-Zelda music in a Zelda fan game. I'm also thinking I'd like it more 8-bit, graphics wise. Don't get me wrong, the ALttP/BS style is great but it would feel more like a real sequel if it had that 8-bit style.

Apologies if this sounds stupid, but is it possible to edit a quest's gameplay style- like I know there's 4 options- Authentic NES, Fixed NES, and Zelda 3 Style (I forget the other one). I'm thinking I could keep at least some of the magic element in somehow, but maybe less spells since I think some of them would be pointless for the top-down gameplay.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.09%
    If you don't ask you won't learn. Don't hold back if you have questions!
    Lost my wings and grew 8 tentacles... I've seen enough Hentai to know where this is going....

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.02%
    Well, you got me there. I did try finding Zcheat but no luck. All I can find are dead torrents and nothing like on mediafire or mega. And that hash you mentioned- well that's only for 1.92 and up. PLeitorian's Adventure of Link is 1.90. Either way I've got no idea how to use that. May even try doing this from scratch. I'll have to look up a tutorial. Still curious if it's possible to change a quest's gameplay style. I'm not sure which one AoL was done in and I'd like to keep some of the magic aspect. I could do it for health and shield probably, fairy and jump would be useless- if I want to jump I'll add Roc's Feather.

Actually speaking of items- is there a limit to how many I can have in the inventory?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    44.09%
    The limit on the number of items in the game is something like 255, any number of these can be "equipment items" allowing you to have them selectable or just appear on the subscreen as equipment.

Thread Information