User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: ZC [2.future] Feature Requests

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
    I honestly must know: Do you do a bit of drinking before you post to AGN every day?

I mentioned npcs on one line, 'Revise npcs'. What the hell are you talking about, at all?

I'm genuinely bewildered by how off-the-wall your reply reads, and I cannot place how it connects to any of this, other than you trying to be smug for whatever reason.

Who said we would ever remove npcs from the engine? The revision plans are related to how npcs work internally, both to the class, and how they can be addressed with scripts. We want to make them more flexible, add some new stuff, clean up some of the hardcoded routines, and whatnot; not rewrite them in entirety.

That act would clearly belong to 3.x.

Hell, I only responded to your earlier post because it had genuine concerns that we care about. Now we're wandering into madness. FWIW, I have a very good idea of what kind of things can occur if you obliterate something that the engine relies upon. Insert sanity check here.
    I was giving you an example.
    Theirs a reason that file is called guys, and not npcs you know.
    Check the code. Their are 12 indices for npcs 6 standing and 6 walking.
    Hell their are so many unimplemented enemies it's quite tiring, and some of them would be so easy to implement, (diagonal constant traps are a simple fix.)
    The only two options available for those things is to fix them, implement them, or simply make them available to the quest developer.

And no, i joke drink before posting on agn. "I would make a counter involving reading your post, but let's not degrade this discussion further"

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo View Post
    I was giving you an example.
    Theirs a reason that file is called guys, and not npcs you know.
    Check the code. Their are 12 indices for npcs 6 standing and 6 walking.
    Hell their are so many unimplemented enemies it's quite tiring, and some of them would be so easy to implement, (diagonal constant traps are a simple fix.)
    The only two options available for those things is to fix them, implement them, or simply make them available to the quest developer.

And no, i joke drink before posting on agn. "I would make a counter involving reading your post, but let's not degrade this discussion further"
    Hahah. I asked, because the post seemed so random, and almost gibberish in a way.

I do occasionally drink when working on the source, or complex scripts for hours on end. It helps a bit.

If you are interested in seeing some of the new stuff in action, I have a videos on Youtiube in a playlist with demonstrations of some new 2.54 features. I would appreciate feedback on this stuff; although I admit that I need to (1) split each new addition or set of additions into a single video (per 'feature' or per 'change'), as I did with the newer videos; and I must eventually add voice commentary. (I am working on completing my audio recording set-up at present. )

Insofar as your questions about ncs, I'll probably implement the nearly finished npcs, but we also plan to add some new stuff in that regard, particularly bosses, and some common foes from Z3 and LA, using new npc vars, flags, and defences. One of my projects is a ;shock; defence, which will also require another sprite for Link. The latter bit will be fun. Enemies with a fire, or freeze defence, will likewise need new Link sprites (on fire, frozen), and of course, we need a sprite for 'falling'.

I am rather versed in the source at this point. I know the points that are frail, the points that are malleable, and how to work with /most/ of it. The stuff that I have added ( ZScript Commands, short version | All New Things), should give you some indication that I am at leasst moderately competent, as with very few exceptions, it all works precisely as I intended. Link's hitbox though...can go suck a lemon.

TBH, npcs are third on my priority list at present. @Dimentio was going to work on them, but I need to decide what new vars we need, and what flags or flagsets we will be adding to the clas and structs before we muck with the individual npcs. At least we will be adding npcdata, or some equivalent thereof, and I am certain that npcs need a 'MaxHP' var.

I did start on the diagonal hookshot. If you remember, we discussed that a long time back, and you said it was too much of a mess to implement. I am about halfway done wiith it. At present, it works, but I have not completed the handle sprites, or the head sprites, to use an angular tile; and i need to adjust the latching slightly, but here:

Before I added the item editor flag for 'Diagonal', I also mucked about in ZScript, and found that you can force the new hookshot to do some brilliant, and comical things:

If you are curious, no, the diagonal flag in the item editor does not allow the stuff in the latter video, but you can do it with scripts. It reminds me a bit of the whip in Akumajou Dracula (Super Famicom.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    54.03%
    I have not seen any new beta builds to download and check out. I want to check out the newest beta build please.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Here are a few beta builds that you may try, for 2.54:

Executables, docs, and scripts:
    https://pastebin.com/LHTV48HE
    http://timelord.insomnia247.nl/zc/zc..._20JAN2017.zip

Package with source:
    http://timelord.insomnia247.nl/zc/zc..._20JAN2017.zip

I have newer files, but they are not ready for a public beta, and I frankly want to merge everything into ZC main (canonical) before I do anything more.

If you want a build of 2.50.3.* (unreleased beta of main), I can build it for you.

Note that the majority of improvements, new features, and changes in [2.future] 2.54 are ZScript related, although there are also many ZQuest and a few ZC viewer improvements. After the merge, that number will expand, and I can resume working on all the things that I wish to flesh out.

Read the included text files, 2,54_New_Quest.txt, 2.54_New_ZScript,txt, and so forth; or the whole zscript.txt file if you use the language.

The ZC Dev link in my signature goes to the path on the server on which I push binaries and source packages.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    27.98%
    Great Thank you! Sorry for the long delay but I just finished BotW (cemu) and am back for more ZC.

(Don't judge me I do own a real copy on a Wii.)

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.52%
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbrads View Post
    Great Thank you! Sorry for the long delay but I just finished BotW (cemu) and am back for more ZC.

(Don't judge me I do own a real copy on a Wii.)

I'm also sorry, as I have forgotten what you were requesting.

Gel Just registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.41%
    A Few Things I really want to have in the Enemy Editor:
    1. An option to turn On/Off Enemy Knockback, so that you can have weaker enemies have knockback, while stronger ones don't

2. Add the Enemy Defense options of:
    Stun and Hurt
    Hurt only if Level 2+
    Hurt only if Level 3+
    Hurt only if Level 4+

3. Have the option for the Hookshot to remove an Enemy's shield like in A Link Between Worlds
    Last edited by Rephire217; 10-19-2018 at 05:04 AM.

Thread Information