Quote Originally Posted by EJSnowden View Post
I think a better way to explain my intentions:
Say you set a Trigger(1):
Trigger(1) has any number of assigned Flags and Secret Combos. These can be general (e.g. all Script 98 flags present) or specific (e.g. assign Custom Secret Combo 1 to X/Y coordinate). If all Flags are activated, Trigger(1) activates and initiates all assigned Secret Combos. Trigger(2) can be set with its own unique set of Flags and Secret Combos, and 3, 4, etc.

This is basically how the AoK editor worked, and although I understand it might not even be technically feasible, I think if it were possible, it would enormously reduce reliance on scripting, or even allow more power for scripters, especially if the system were expanded in the future. Examples of more advanced functionality might be: Triggers that can initiate scripts, or be initiated by scripts.
I'm honestly unsure of how much work this would require, but it feels like something that will be possilble much later down the pipe. The ffc objects have a number of fundamental flaws, and adding this much t them will only compound the problems of correcting those; butwe'll eventually get around to ffc-related things, and see what we can do.

The main concern here, is that there would be a limited number of triggers, under a system that doesn't use scripts, and I feel as if people will want more out of it than that. It may be possible to make a default ffc script, that all ffcs run unless otherwise assigned, and add some GUI options to the editor to set its values.

A set of global values that can be referenced and manipulated. Triggers that are designated inactive/active by default, and can be activated by another or run in a loop. Flags based on time intervals. Commands that manipulate FFC or NPC behavior- telling them to move to a specific place, cycle to the next combo, cycle to a different FFC, bringing up a text string, or spawning an enemy.
Please clarify 'global values'. The remainder of this is already possible with scripts; so I presume that you mean that you want timing options without scripts? Note that other editors that allow this, typically use default scripts, or some similar mechanism, and then set values via a GUI; or by direct code.

The npc things that you want shouldn't be terribly difficult, but it'll require a new npc class.

Pie-in-the-sky stuff, I know.

Something maybe more possible: the ability to assign scripts to a screen, in the same way FFC and items already do? Or is this too similar to using an invisible FFC to be useful?
We have something similar to this on our agenda. At least, I know that I have it on mine, and I seem to recall that @Gleeok wanted to do something similar. Essentially, a new, globally accessible object that can run scripts like an ffc, but that isn;t tied to a screen, and that doesn't have editor ffc attributes. Essentially, a way to do what ffcs can do, without the burden of how the ffc class works. @Dimentio deemed the object a 'mini global', IIRC.

It would act as a global script of sorts, but it runs on demand. Generally, how ffcs are used with scripts, or run with ffcscript,zh, but internal, and with the ability to have independent timing from the global active script, as ffcs do now; but with the addition of using Waitdraw() to control their timing.

Note that this is merely a concept, and not anything real at present, so we have no idea how it'll work; if it becomes 'a thing'.