Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.32%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    Ah yes, The programmers version of TMI. Many an API has been over-engineered since the dawn of interface design, and it's always hard to get right (I still mess it up). I agree with Saffith here. That is just much /too much.

Especially this one:
    Code:
    case GAMEPAUSED: // INVALID CODE PATH
            ret=Paused?10000:0;  // This will never actually run because the scripts are paused...
            break;
    I mentioned this before but a simple int Game->EngineProperty[] and int Game->QuestRule[] would take care of all of these things. I hadn't put them in because 2.5 was supposed version compatible (Although soon it probably won't matter anyway).

As I said, I just dumped the entire list of vars into a file, and built a getter on them, as it was a painless thing to do. There are probably four that should be in there.

I suggested turning the QRs into a r/w array, but that was rejected by Saffith. Even if it could only cover some of them, the rules that can be modified on the fly, it would be useful IMO. Also, moving things like 'Big Link Sprite' into a Link class property, pretty much as TileHeight/TileWidth, were on my list, but that's another matter.

Code:
    { "getHeartbeep",           ScriptParser::TYPE_BOOL,          GETTER,       GAMEHEARTBEEP,        1,      {  ScriptParser::TYPE_GAME,         -1,                               -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1                           } },
    	{ "getCapFPS",           ScriptParser::TYPE_BOOL,          GETTER,       GAMETHROTTLE,        1,      {  ScriptParser::TYPE_GAME,         -1,                               -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1                           } },
    	{ "setCapFPS",               ScriptParser::TYPE_VOID,          SETTER,       GAMETHROTTLE,            1,      {  ScriptParser::TYPE_GAME,          ScriptParser::TYPE_BOOL,        -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1                           } },

{ "setHasPlayed",               ScriptParser::TYPE_VOID,          SETTER,       GAMEHASPLAYED,            1,      {  ScriptParser::TYPE_GAME,          ScriptParser::TYPE_BOOL,        -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1,                           -1                           } },
    Those were what I planned to retain, above all else. I left out SetHeartBeep, which while it may seem an oversight, is because I wanted to do Link->HeartbeepSfx and Link->HeartBeepContinuous as separate commands, given that you can't set the sound by script at all at present. I also wanted to do Link->HurtSound and Link->HurtEffect (none, flicker, flash).

one of that was stuff that I wanted to d for the very next release. I would frankly do more frequent, smaller updates that are easier to debug, than roll everything into one massive update and play 'now let's see what breaks'. That is exactly why I wanted to do an incremental 2.53, 2.5, and 2.55, each with a small subset of new features, and more bugfixes.

The new drawing stuff, some additional setters, getters, and a few new commands were all of what I wanted to do for '2.53'. Something that isn't likely to cause problems, that gives users something new to try.

Thread Information