Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.78%

Unverified Bug Scripted Bombs Not Setting Off Bomb Flag

I was creating a quest in 2.50.2 and part of it included a bomb lweapon produced by script. However, for some reason it wasn't setting off the onscreen flag for Bomb (Any). Here's a link to a copy of the quest.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0hlebo9cx7...nsbug.qst?dl=0

The item which gives the bomb ability is a bomb, but you must also have the item labeled morph ball to use it. The screen where this occurred was on map 2, number 55.
    Last edited by ZoriaRPG; 03-01-2016 at 07:36 AM. Reason: No support given for closure. Re[orted bug may persist, and investigation is required/pending.

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    that has to do with the bombblast them selves. If it wasn't created by a bomb or sbomb. I don't even think it counts?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.78%
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo View Post
    that has to do with the bombblast them selves. If it wasn't created by a bomb or sbomb. I don't even think it counts?
    Well, it still kind of feels like a bug to me. Especially since other lweapons produced by script (such as the candle flame) do trigger their flags.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    it is a bug, let me rephrase what I say.

explosions created by scripts are treated have are different weapon type, or is it ID i forget? from the ones the actual bomb weapon makes. "those are different btw."
    Scripts won't be able to differentiate between those though sadly. And I doubt we'll ever officially work on 2.5 anymore now that we've started 3.0

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.08%

explosions created by scripts are treated have are different weapon type, or is it ID i forget? from the ones the actual bomb weapon makes. "those are different btw."
    Scripts won't be able to differentiate between those though sadly. And I doubt we'll ever officially work on 2.5 anymore now that we've started 3.0

The weapon types that I've seen, are wBomb, wBOOM, and wLitBomb (for normal bombs), and wSBomb, wSBOOM, and wLitSBomb (for super bombs). I'm not sure which is used by sBOMB and mfBOMB though, nor am I sure what LW_BOMBLAST creates, but the scripted bomb should be treated as a wLitBomb, and should do wBOOM when it explodes, despite being created bys cript; so I'll need to figure out where to look for this.

This could be corrected with a slight revision either to bombs themselves, o where combo flags are handled.

I need to find where mfBOMB is handled on the ZC side. There's some stuff for it in maps.cpp, but that's just findtrigger(), and I need to find the specific resource where the mapflag detects the bomb type. zdefs.h has all the enums for mfBOMB and sBOMB, but it's just a mad, mad, maze.

I'm not sure which would be better. Fixing bombs might be, as they could have other inconsistent behaviour, that fixing this on the flags side wouldn't rectify however, fixing the flags is easier. Doesn't matter much at present, as I can't do a flipping file text contents search on this system.

Correcting the combo flags is probably a ten minute fix if I can find them. That's the time-waster.

The thing is, that wLitBomb creates wBOOM. I need to find out what creating LW_BOMBLAST makes (as an internal weapon), if not wBOOM. The real trouble is tracking down all the places that need revision, and the definitions of secretcombo[sBOMB] and secretcombo[sSBOMB].

Sigh.

Banned
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.48%

The reason Gleeok and Saffith are now working on 3.0 is because it would speed up the development of 2.5. 2.5 is open source. That means that it is like zscript itself, in that you have a bunch of different versions floating around, and you have to try and combine them if you want them all.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.78%
    I noted on further testing that the scripted bomb will set off the bomb flag... if it is generated directly on top of the flagged combo. But it doesn't set it off if placed directly above, below to the left or the right.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.08%
    Quote Originally Posted by ywkls View Post
    I noted on further testing that the scripted bomb will set off the bomb flag... if it is generated directly on top of the flagged combo. But it doesn't set it off if placed directly above, below to the left or the right.
    Do me a favour, and check if this is also true in overhead, or if it is only a bug in sideview mode.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    The reason Gleeok and Saffith are now working on 3.0 is because it would speed up the development of 2.5. 2.5 is open source. That means that it is like zscript itself, in that you have a bunch of different versions floating around, and you have to try and combine them if you want them all.
    Let me say this again. 2.5 hasn't been open sourced yet. THe current source code 3.0

Banned
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.48%
    Let me say this again. 2.5 hasn't been open sourced yet. The current source code 3.0
    2.5 is currently in the process of being open sourced. There is even a new set of team members working on 2.5, myself and Zoria included. 2.5 is not dead, it just has a new set of developers and will be going Open Source soon as well.

Thread Information