219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.79%
    ((Let's say the flight to the village gave Skie time to sober up))

I remember Merlina saying that men were disappearing, but have they ALL gone from this village? Or are they just afraid to come out of their homes for fear they will be next? I adopt my most charismatic and charming manner and ask one of the older women for some general information about this village. I explain that I am stranger to this area (and indeed I have never been to this village).

Read 1-25-16 -T
    Last edited by Tamamo; 01-29-2016 at 10:52 AM.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    The woman appears to be disguised as a gypsy and gives you a mischievous smile.

"Oh don't worry, men aren't the only ones disappearing here. You ladies are in just much danger as they are. Good luck getting sleep now."
    With a evil laugh she twirls into an alley. And you could swear if Merlina wasn't holding Lacroix's arm he would of jumped at her.

M: "Interesting, she mentioned us getting sleep as if she expected us to say, we best not sleep in the town. We leave before nightfall and camp on the outskirts."
    L: "My feathers our warm, don't worry, I make a good blanket. This entire thing smells fishy and I don't like it Merlina. Especially that gypsy. She reeks of fish. I hate fish."

Do you follow the gypsy or do you continue searching for more information? Or perhaps explore the village a bit. There's always the docs.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.79%
    ((I never intended for Skie to mention the disappearances but OK))

"you catch on quick, something must be odd about her!" -T

My growling stomach suggests that we find a market and some food. I'm low on coin but perhaps I can find a bargain. I keep my eyes open for anything suspicious as I make my way through the village.

Read: 1-26-16 -T
    Last edited by TheDarkOne; 01-28-2016 at 05:43 PM.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    @TheDarkOne
    Some ships start to pull into the docks, the appear to be fishing ships. You decide to head there and bargain for a fresh catch. The first thing you noticed that all of the men appear to be armed with small weapons, harpoons, crossbows, and spears. You notice the Gypsy is here as well and she looks angry. The men begin shouting at her. Wait they're blaming her for the disappearances! She turns to leave before she notices you and begins running away with her tambourine in tow. La Croix chases after her.

One of the crew climbs down onto the docks and approches you and Merlina.
    "Sorry about that, she is not welcomed here. We wish she would just leave this town. It's her fault this is happening and she knows it. May'be those sea wenches would leave us men alone if we banished her. But her father refuses to oblige. He ain't even here most the time always at the Filthy Rabbit Tavern getting drunk. Care for a fish, freshly caught. Don't worry about the money. We got a good haul today. If you wish to pay, we'll just consider it a donation."

Merlina chimes in for a second.
    "Hold on, her father? We've met him. I take it his wife lives in this town?"

The crew man eyes narrow.
    "You misunderstand. Yes his wife lives in this town. But she's missing, but she is not her mother. That's all the information I'm telling you. Now take your fish and Get!"

Forced to leave with a decent supply of fish in a basket. You notice Merlina looks around and calls out for La Croix.
    The sky goes dark and thunder starts to rumble after flashes of lightning in the sky. And rain? It was a clear sky a moment ago.

M: "Shit, he went after her dumb bird!"

What do you do?

P.S. Check the first post for a link to La Croix's portrait, he's badass looking.
    Last edited by Tamamo; 01-27-2016 at 12:09 AM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.79%
    I suggest we head for shelter. No time to go looking for La Croix. Besides, from what I've seen, he can handle himself. I gave the fisherman one gold piece for the fish, since I don't take charity. I am down to my last two gold pieces now but this basket of fish should last me a few days. I'm not going to be able to afford much else, anyway.

Read 1-28-16 -T
    Last edited by Tamamo; 01-29-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    @TheDarkOne
    Merlina agrees and the two of you find a inn. The night is long but quiet, but La Croix does not return to his master. Strange, familiars tend to follow their masters where ever they go.
    After a nights rest your awaken by screams from the village. The Gypsy rushes into the room and slams the door and locks it. She's covered from head to tow in blood and breathing hysterically, also missing an ear.
    Merlina pulls out a knife, and askes where La Croix is.
    "I didn't have a choice! That bird attacked me I am half mermaid for crying out loud! What where you thinking bringing a Roc to a fishing village you idiot!"
    Merlina shouts the same question and begins approaching her drawing the back the knife preparing for a stab.
    "He's dead! I'm sorry! I didn't mean too! I lost control!"
    She charges at the girl with the knife you have a split second to intervene.

What do you do?!

This is a serious butterfly decision. None of these decisions are bad however.
    Last edited by Tamamo; 01-28-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.79%
    I step forward and grab Merlina's knife hand. "Wait! Let's hear what she has to say first. If you're not satisfied with her explanation, then you can kill her."
    ((What Merlina does is up to you))

Read 1-29-16 -T
    Last edited by Tamamo; 01-29-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Merlina exales. "Find, I always had a short temper. Let's hear what you have to say girl."

The gypsy sits on the bed and stares at her legs they begin morphing into a fish tail. She wasn't kidding. She is a mermaids daughter. She begins speaking.
    "My mother was a mermaid who died 2 monthes ago when the disappearances starting happening. However, she's explains that she was tricked by a woman claiming to be a doctor when her mother was sick and she became an undead. And now is under control by a necromancer. She pleads for your assistance in helping here.

Butterfly Effect 1:
    La Croix is PRESUMED dead.

Butterfly Effect 2:
    You are so very lucky you grabbed her knife hand, if you hadn't it would of wound up inside her own gut. She trusts you more now, since she believes you made the right decision.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.04%
    Jade was sailing through the air, unaware of the goings-on below. She was a curvy plasma dragonkin of about 225 lbs, and for once was not in any kind of trouble. It was admittedly quite a relief, but she expected trouble to find her again soon...

What she did not expect was to have a Roc burst out of the clouds and smack her in the face, sending her plummeting below...

forgive terrible scrappy MSpaintish image, but google cannot find me this so I must draw it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/17i0179cbh...SandS.png?dl=0
    Last edited by King Aquamentus; 01-28-2016 at 11:14 PM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    @King Aquamentus
    Last thing you remember was flying through a wyrmhole into this dimension and right into a giant seagull. You crash into a tree and fall unconscious, When you come to you look around and find that you've injured your WING and it's raining real hard. there's a old mansion near bye. Looks spooky, but it looks the best shelter you've got. You see a sign that points towards a village in the distance which appears a couple hours a way. You can head to the village but a lot can happen on the road, you look up at the mansion and swear you see a 12 year old girl mouthing the words come on in. She must live alone.

What do you do?

Thread Information