User Tag List

Thread: [RPG] Sword & Sorcery 2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%

[RPG] Sword & Sorcery 2

Sitting in a tavern--the Filthy Rabbit--whose primary theme is skimpily-dressed waitresses wearing bunny-ear headbands--you patiently await your DRINK and your ORDER as you review the victories of your last score. Maybe you're counting your money. Maybe you're looking over that mysterious trinket you found. I don't know, I'm not omniscient.
    At the end of the bar lies a strange man dress completely in back with a wide brim hat, gloves, and BIRD MASK and red tinted glasses. He's been staring at a glass of water but hasn't taken a drank for the last half hour.
    Alternatively In the corner is a mysteriously beautiful woman drawing attention from the MALE crowd with her figure. Although she seems to have her mind somewhere else.
    Who are you, what brought you here, and most important of all what will you do?

==================================================
    Goals:

In an effort to keep my creative writing skills sharp, scratch my itch to get a role-playing game started again, and generate activity for AGN, I am starting the second sword & sorcery game. Let's do this shit. As for CJC he's been MIA for 2 months.
    As the thread title suggests this particular RPG will be fantasy themed.

Mechanics:

In short, there are none. The goal of the game is to tell a collective story and have fun. On each Tuesday and Friday, I'll post a scenario for you to react to and you'll post a response--in first person--explaining how your character reacts and what actions and reactions he or she takes and makes. When the next update rolls around, I'll post the results and a new scenario. Repeat ad infinitum.

Each update will be segmented into sections, with each section pertaining to one player. The player in question will be tagged by the forum, and the first paragraph of such a section will start with the name of that player's character. You will not be required to read the paragraphs of other players (Or even their replies to the thread). I will distill any important cross-character interaction into your next scenario. If you are joining late, links to each update can be found in the second post of this thread so that you can easily jump past the responses to the new scenario. They'll be listed in reverse chronological order and they will be numbered, dated, and collected by setting.

Rule Clarifications:

General: Improvisation is a Staple
    You are free and ENCOURAGED to ad-lib. If a fact hasn't been established, it's fair game. If you make too wild an assumption, I will gently reel you back into the narrative. Also, if there is a non-player character and I have not stated they are LOCKED, then they are fair game; you may make them do and say what you please. Other player characters are always LOCKED, you cannot control another player's character.

General: Summarized Conversations
    When conducting conversation with an NPC or another player, do not feel that you have to write out the literal dialogue. Posting the gist of your conversational goals is sufficient.

General: The means through which new rules are dispensed
    I'll introduce more rules as they become necessary. When rules are introduced, they'll appear at the top of the update. The game is free-form, though, so just have fun with it. For the most part, if you want to do something your character can do it. One warning, though; if you go Marty Stu expect consequences. Also, try not to get too vulgar, there are kids on the forum (This is not the Veldt). Also, if there's a lot of interest I may split the game (and thread) into two (or more) instances.

General: I played the other one, can I play my old character?
    Sure, i don't mine.

Important: The Butterfly Effect
    Sometimes you will be given a Butterfly Effect decision. If you make the right decision something good will happen later on. If you make the wrong one, well expect something bad to happen. The cause and effect do not cancel each other out, as a butterfly flapping it's wings can cause a hurricane to come.

Important: Dragons
    Do to a flux of energy in this dimension dragons cannot exist. They die if they come to this dimension which is called Nosgoth! I can swear that is from somewhere. Fantasy Realm Generator. meh.

General: RPG Communication Mediums
    This is strictly a forum game. There will be no IRC or Skype component to this endeavor.

=====
    Locked Characters

Here is a list of the currently locked characters and the players who have access to them:

Players
    Skie = @TheDarkOne [Pronouns: Rogue]
    Jade = @King Aquamentus [Pronouns: Dragonkin]
    Alty = @mrz84 [Pronouns: Author]
    Shirome (La Croix) Artiste = @Tamamo [Pronouns: Revenant]

NPCs
    Merlina = Current Game Master [Pronouns: Magician, Slave of Xen]
    Nerinae = Current Game Master [Pronouns: Oracle, Slave of Xen]
    Teras = Current Game Master [Pronouns: Shadow Druid]
    Sophie = Current Game Master [Pronouns: Soldier, Author]
    Lilith = Current Game Master [Pronouns: Demon Queen]
    Xenovia = Current Game Master [Pronouns: Elder Evil, Main Antagonist]

Rocs
    Roc Kings
    Flamier
    Volta
    Articas
    Raven King

Any remaining characters not listed (like the crossbow burglar) are free game for anybody to post, manipulate, and act on as they please. Even with all this, I am quite generous when it comes to NPCs, just don't go crazy.
    =====
    Last edited by Tamamo; 07-13-2016 at 09:19 PM.

Thread Information