Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.38%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    That rule should be called "Benevolent Statues".

Actually, it might be better as an enemy misc value.
    Either way, a fix is a fix.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    That rule should be called "Benevolent Statues".

Actually, it might be better as an enemy misc value.
    Agreed. An enemy editor value would be best, to allow selective settings, and set by default to the old behaviour. There are puzzles in several quests that require reflecting at close proximity, that this would break. I wish I noticed that sooner...on Shardstorm, as it is indeed a problem.

Random double-shot should also be an enemy setting.

Things like that are a good argument for never skipping Gamma phase.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.38%
    Sounds like a fast fix is needed then.

And really, ANY enemy buff or nerf should come as an option. I don't know why it didn't occur to anyone this would unbalance quests.

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.57%
    These were bug fixes. They were always supposed to do those things. The distance check has been there all along; it just didn't work right. They actually have been firing double fireballs, but it's been almost unnoticeable because the fireballs have been in the same place instead of slightly offset.
    Fine, I can make these rules. In the meantime, you could always script them. They're pretty simple.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffith View Post
    These were bug fixes. They were always supposed to do those things. The distance check has been there all along; it just didn't work right. They actually have been firing double fireballs, but it's been almost unnoticeable because the fireballs have been in the same place instead of slightly offset.
    Fine, I can make these rules. In the meantime, you could always script them. They're pretty simple.
    If the fireballs weren't offset, and would impact simultaneously, how did the engine determine damage and priority for them?

Did both induce damage, or was there some 50/50% on which one was in charge of the collision? Seems a bit OT, I know, but it's a question that has arisen before, regarding simultaneous collision, and I don't have a satisfactory answer to give people (e.g. scripters, notably Moosh asked me out of the blue a while back).

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy_Balsac View Post
    Even doing that creates another problem. Shooter type enemies are the only type that doesn't collide with the player. So you can make a stationary "other" type enemy that shoots, but it would either turn the statues into damage combos, or mercy invincibility exploits (if the collision damage is set to 0).
    You can override invincibility frames via scripts. I've done it, and I even made a header for it.

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Nope, first collision takes priority every other weapon will just die as usual on collision except for ones that persist such as explosions.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    ZoriaRPG, I believe the first collision triggers Link's "invulnerability" phase, so the second fireball strikes and does nothing because Link is temporarily invincible.
    EDIT: Since the projectiles on screen are indexed just like enemies, that would mean the first fireball created gets to do damage, then invulnerability is triggered and the second fireball does nothing. This is the same as hitting a bubble to evade an enemy attack--the 0 damage hit triggers invulnerability provided it has a lower index than the enemy attack (on a one frame double collision).

Rather than make it a quest rule, could this be made one of the miscellaneous features of a shooter enemy? Maybe make it a distance variable, with 0 overlapping the two projectiles into a single shot. This would let quest makers define how much the fireballs are offset, to create some unusual 'bullet hell' situations with the build-in engine. It would also save a quest rule, which Saffith said was a nearly exhausted list.

Also, sweetness on the new version, good work ZC Development team!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.38%
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffith View Post
    It would require creating a script that times the shooting precisely to that of a shooter enemy, and must be done for every screen and every statue.

Wouldn't work for Zelda 4 anyway, because there's a weapon that can disable them. This means, if it's not done based on an NPC locations, the weapon will no longer disable shooting statues. And if IS done based on NPC locations, I'd have to first figure out what NPCs are what, and upon statue nuetralization, can actually make shots happen from a non-statue enemy.

I'm sure there's a way and all, but it would be TONS of work, what with all the testing and stuff I'd have to do. I get that this is how Z1 used to work, the problem is that ZC HASN'T done it for so long that it's now a "fix" that will break many quests.

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    no just ask a developer to script shooters from scracth for you.

it's 1 in 128 btw right saffith?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.38%
    Even doing that creates another problem. Shooter type enemies are the only type that doesn't collide with the player. So you can make a stationary "other" type enemy that shoots, but it would either turn the statues into damage combos, or mercy invincibility exploits (if the collision damage is set to 0).

Thread Information