7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.35%

[Request]Lifting Gate

http://armageddongames.net/showthrea...highlight=gate

What's worse: Duplicate thread, or gravedug thread?

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    I'm not sure that I comprehend what you mean, by a lifting gate here. The script in your other post, doesn't seem to look like anything of the sort. Some screenshots, of what you want to accomplish, would be useful.

If you mean a portcullis, that's fantastic, but the FFC movement doesn't seem to be anything like that.

If you simply want FFCs to move around when the player uses an item, that's pretty easy. If you want them to play songs, that's also easy, although there are several approaches to that.

I'm also going to say, that I'd prefer gravedigging the old thread. It isn;t even that old, but as long as you posted a new one, I may as well reply here.

Perhaps an admin can merge both topics?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.35%
    Yeah that. Portcullis.

Basically you use a specific whistle item, then everything freezes (or at least player input is turned off for the duration) after the sound ends.

The gate rumbles/vibrates (vertically only), then lifts upwards. The rumbling has one sfx play, the lifting has another. When the FFC stops moving a final sound plays and it stays open forever.

Oh right an optionally the MIDI stops playing (preferably it simply pauses. if that's not doable then just zeroing its volume/muting it. But if that's not doable either then just stopping and restarting it is fine)

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Majora View Post
    Yeah that. Portcullis.

Basically you use a specific whistle item, then everything freezes (or at least player input is turned off for the duration) after the sound ends.

The gate rumbles/vibrates (vertically only), then lifts upwards. The rumbling has one sfx play, the lifting has another. When the FFC stops moving a final sound plays and it stays open forever.

Oh right an optionally the MIDI stops playing (preferably it simply pauses. if that's not doable then just zeroing its volume/muting it. But if that's not doable either then just stopping and restarting it is fine)
    Do you already have graphics (animated tiles) of the gate lifting? If so, I can put a codeblock or three together for you, and assign them as constants, but I need the dimensions, and the number of frames, etcetera.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.35%

Oh nothing is animated. The only thing happening is an FFC dancing about. The combo is just that light gray metal part in the middle that will do anything. It is 2x2. Also I apparently forgot about my own failed attempt to make some kind of script but I don't know if it actually does anything:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7y48wm2bdq...ateLift.z?dl=0

You can assign some temporary/placeholder constants and I'll fiddle with it myself later until I get the right speed.

Thread Information