User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Super Mario Maker

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Nice Update

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.31%
    Looks fun. Though I worry about troll level makers.

In other news, 2 of my stages got deleted because they weren't "popular" or whatever excuse Nintendo uses to delete stages people don't like to star. I re-uploaded Alty's Training Course 1-1, but the other one is my take on the first level of Castlevania for the NES. Both course IDs are below.

Castlevania Level 1 (19A9-0000-00C7-F711)
    Alty's Training Course 1-1 (A2F2-0000-00C7-7ECA)
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.12%
    #2 was a feature of THE FIRST SMB GAME for fuck's sake. I mean it's good that they added it in retrospect, but seriously.................

Quote Originally Posted by mrz84 View Post
    Looks fun. Though I worry about troll level makers.

In other news, 2 of my stages got deleted because they weren't "popular" or whatever excuse Nintendo uses to delete stages people don't like to star. I re-uploaded Alty's Training Course 1-1, but the other one is my take on the first level of Castlevania for the NES. Both course IDs are below.

Castlevania Level 1 (19A9-0000-00C7-F711)
    Alty's Training Course 1-1 (A2F2-0000-00C7-7ECA)
    Wow, what the hell is wrong with Nintendo?
    Last edited by Anarchy_Balsac; 10-28-2015 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.31%
    The explanation I've heard is that is so that the servers aren't over-crowded with levels that nobody wants to play. Granted, that doesn't stop me from uploading them again, its still silly when they could just have...I don't know...more servers. Meh.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.12%
    Quote Originally Posted by mrz84 View Post
    The explanation I've heard is that is so that the servers aren't over-crowded with levels that nobody wants to play. Granted, that doesn't stop me from uploading them again, its still silly when they could just have...I don't know...more servers. Meh.
    Well that hasn't been a problem for LBP or, well, any other "create your own" game servers that I know of. But suddenly now, it's a problem for Nintendo.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.83%
    Love the update. I saw a few complaints about not having a checkpoint system. That is a nice feature to add in. I like the adjustment on the power-ups as well. Will that also work for the leaf/cape or just the fire flower? I guess we will see on the 4th.

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.72%
    Wow, it looks like no one has posted any levels here. Here are some levels I have made. I think they are generally pretty difficult, but also fair. But I dunno, what do you guys think? I always thought I was good at Mario, but then I've seen some crazy levels that seem impossible. Anyway, I can't even begin to say how much I love this game, and how glad I am something like this exists.

Big Bob-Omb on the Summit
    8A91 0000 0104 C28F
    This level is pretty straightforward. It is my version of Bob-Omb Battlefield. It was one of the earlier stages I made, but I like it cause I feel it is a decent interpretation of Mario's first 3D foray recreated in 2D.

The Mushroom Kingdom
    2D76 0000 0111 5187
    This is a remake of the first three courses of the original Super Mario Bros. in one level. It's simple, but I'm proud of it since it's pretty faithful to the original, in terms of level layout. There are some minor tweaks though.

Super Jumps and Dangerous Flying
    82FA 0000 0113 C490
    This Super Mario World styled level has you using the cape to perform various Jump challenges. There are five in all. Depending on your skill level, this will seem impossible, or very simple.

The Floor is Lava!
    2A72 0000 0103 3794
    Another SMW styled level. As the name implies, most of the floor is unsafe to touch. This one is fun to try to speedrun though.

Take the High Road
    CD73 0000 0103 52CF
    My first attempt at making a level with two paths, and one of them is right, and one is wrong (which should be obvious by the stage name ). This is a SMB3 styled level using the ghost house theme. I actually like this level a lot, and it's pretty big.

SUPER MARIO BOY!!
    F779 0000 0105 8586
    This level was inspired by Super Meat Boy which was incidentally inspired by Super Mario Bros. It's a bit on the harder side if your not familiar with both games, and the wall mechanics.

Fear Factory
    BBD1 0000 0108 38AA
    A long, grueling level with lots of traps. Don't be put off though, this level is actually pretty cool, and has some (in my opinion) pretty cool, and original ideas. There are also checkpoints.

Don't Get That (P)!
    9D83 0000 0109 2CDC
    Go through life completely ignoring the obvious solution. Do NOT touch a P Switch.

Freeze Flame Fortress
    2A28 0000 011B B236
    I just swapped this one or for another ice level. This version is older, but it is the better level, IMO. Similar to the Mario Galaxy level it's named for, you'll have to deal with ice and fire.

Most of my stages (especially the longer ones) use checkpoints. Some levels even use two. If any of these level IDs are wrong, please let me know, cause I wrote them down on paper, from my WiiU, then typed them later onto my computer :heh:. Any feedback is welcome. I've only had the game for a few weeks, so I don't have many plays or stars, and can only have 10 uploads. I have a few other levels I've had up, and I frequently change them. Any changes will be posted here if people are interested in my stuff.

I just finished, and uploaded another castle level. I'm pretty happy with this one. It's long, and challenging. Think along the lines of Roy, and Larry's castles from the original SMW. Oh, can you kill Bowser using only the cape? It's a fun little extra challenge
    With or Without You
    185F 0000 011B B59B

Thank you for taking the time to play my levels (And whomever consequently gives me stars). :)

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.31%
    New update next week.

Also, Anthus, we've been posting levels on each of the pages. You just need to check the previous posts.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.31%
    Since the update, I've reuploaded all of my levels (for tweaking) and with the new bookmark site, here's a link to my profile with all of the current stage I've got so you play them the next time ya play Super Mario Maker.

https://supermariomakerbookmark.nint.../AuthorNumber2

Thread Information