Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
I'm not sure I'm understanding you here.

What I was basically saying is that if the ZC community would rather have a true open source development environment for ZC rather than keeping the idea that encryption is a big enough deal where it is preferred to keep it hidden, then I am totally on board with that. (I'm actually in favor of it for various reasons.) Last time it was brought up there was some resistance to the idea. At the end of the day I basically just do what the people want.

I'm pretty sure none of the other current devs would have any problems with this either. I suppose this might be becoming more of a "who's the goose" goose hunt.
I am not saying I have a problem with the encryption code being removed. As I have always said I support the code being released as soon as possible. Last time you talked about this you said you don't really want to do the work of removing the encryption when someone will simply add in a way to bypass it anyway. I have never seen a point in making more work for Devs when keeping the encryption stuff in would only make it slighty easier for someone to bypass. There are tools to bypass the passwords already anyway and you cannot use the code to acquire someone's password. If a branch of ZC that bypasses passwords were made it would still be considered the same as the tools that remove passwords and wouldn't be allowed here at AGN or at PureZC so it wouldn't be much different than what's already been released.

The longer the Open Source release is delayed the longer the people who want to contribute are delayed from learning ZC code and learning how to contribute. There are several users who have expressed such interest who I haven't seen active in a long time. Like I said I just want the code out there for people to learn and possibly contribute to. If removing the encryption code will work out in a timely matter go for it. If it is a hindrance that's holding up the release then I'd rather it just stay in despite what members of AGN or PureZC may feel on the subject. Open Source release is long overdue. I'd rather keep the interest of potential developers than worry over current users getting butthurt over passwords.