User Tag List

Thread: Suggestion: Iron out all the wonkiness with diagonal movement.

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.34%

Suggestion: Iron out all the wonkiness with diagonal movement.

Everyone who has used diagonal movement or played a quest with it knows that it causes some unusual things to happen.

1.There are some issues with water entering and exiting.
    2.There are some issues with classic NES key doors.(You have to be directly lined up to unlock it. So much as a pixel off and youll have to move around until you get it right.)
    3.Raft docks do not behave properly unless perfectly lined up. Some kind of code to trigger them from a slight distance if diagonal movement is on and jerk link into the raft path might suffice.
    I'm sure there are other issues and someone with more knowledge of diagonal movement can shed some light.. but since it has become a common feature in quests it really needs to be addressed.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.08%
    One thing I'll note here: There are already several quests that exploit diagonal movement glitches. I can be thankful, that none of these are mine, but they do exist. In general, movement across two walkable combos at a diagonal angle, where the surrounding combos are not walkable, is common enough that any changes to 8-way movement behaviour, would need to be protected by a quest rule flag, that is disabled by default.

Otherwise, I'm not certain if the problem is as bad as you seem to think; but then again, ladder in 8-way movement, is a bloody mess.

Thread Information