vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%

Dead Bug Link->Jump not as documented.

The documentation for Link->Jump reads as follows:

Code:
    Link's upward velocity, in pixels. If negative, Link will fall.
    	* The downward acceleration of Gravity (in Init Data) modifies this value every frame.
    Note here, it says, in pixels; and it also briefly mentions that the internal constants modify this. I would not expect that gravity would increase the height in pixels by 16, if over 2...

I find pixels to be untrue... If the value is considerably low ( 1, or 2 ), then it is indeed in pixels; however, anything much higher than '3' is in tiles.

Is this intended? Is it a bug? Is the relationship of constants something that must be modified for the value to always be in pixels?

That meaning, is there some relationship between this, and the internal gravity and velocity constants, to force a strict x = pixels relationship; or is the zscript.txt documentation just wrong here?

If so, what equation is used, to calculate the effects?

This isn't a high-priority thing, as I'm not doing any side-scrolling stuff meself, but in advising a few people on the matter, it's come to my attention on more than one occasion.

P.S. The documentation for Link->Jump on the wiki is also incompatible with that of both zscript.txt, and the behaviour of the variable in use:

'Link's upward velocity, in 1/20ths of a Roc's Feather jump. Undefined for values outside of -20 <= Jump <= 20. '

Thread Information