User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Large Lanmolas can leave the screen.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%

Large Lanmolas can leave the screen.

I'm not sure if this was addressed in any bugfixes: If a Lanmola is given a large number of segments (20) they can bounce around and actually leave the screen. Once they reach a particular boundary, their pointer becomes invalid. Apologies if this has already been fixed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.17%
    Personally, as far as I remember, I've never made a Lanmola with that many segments before. Say, do you have a test quest for this?

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    LoE (below, see userbar) uses them, but to test for bugs, put a 20 to 30 segment Lanmola in a room, or on an Overworld DMP screen, and watch what happens:

It can split into two, with random tail segments roaming apart from the head and middle segments; and on occasion, it can leave the screen if it's being tanked.

I may even have reported this on PZC in the past. Also, if you use a Lanmola enemy with ghost.zh as the main enemy for a placed FFC, it can just leave the screen, and die; but that's a ghost bug, and may have been fixed long ago. (It's also unimportant.)

I can walk you to areas that can cause this glitch, but the quest has a Game->Debug menu built in, that allows you to enable cheats, and such, so you can roam freely. It's also not passworded.

I don't think this can be easily remedied, until 2.60, because Lanmolas do whatever they want, and fixing their behaviour probably falls into the 'rewriting the game engine' category.

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    I believe it, as you said Lanmolas do what they want. They're using the wrong container for movehistory in my opinion. i'll take a look.

edit: check your animation
    Last edited by Tamamo; 05-25-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Are you supposed to use segmented enemies with ghost.zh? That just sounds like trouble to me. What do you mean by "if it's being tanked"?

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    No you shouldn't use AUTOGHOST segmented enemies. But Lanmolas are the exception since they have a segment manager. They shouldn't use ghost.zh at all. it won't work.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    By 'tanked', I mean if a player has a suitably strong sword, and fast-sword is enabled; Te player can rapidly slash middle segments, that can die, and cause the lead half, and the tail half to split, gaining their own movements. This can be interesting, and if it was something that a user could control, and direct, would make for a new twist on splitting enemies; but it's purely at random.

I'm not sure why you brought up ghost.zh, as I don't ghost lanmolas. If there is anywhere in the game that has lanmolas applied to ghost.zh, please inform me, as it's a bug. Misc Attr 12 on all of them is set to '0', so they aren't running any autoghost stuff; although I am now curious if adding autoghost properties to them (such as ghosted eweapons, lasers, or other silly things) will break them more-so than they are by default.

In practical terms, I wouldn't want to ghost huge segmented enemies at all, because I'd need to account for relational movements of every segment with very complex instructions. This, is because I'm lazy, and don;t want to write everything necessary to make such an enemy. It is however, possible, but not trivial, to accomplish.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo View Post
    I believe it, as you said Lanmolas do what they want. They're using the wrong container for movehistory in my opinion. i'll take a look.

edit: check your animation
    Explain, please. What animation factors would cause this behaviour?

(Edit) Oh, crumbs. It's not set to Lnmola animation... I don;t know how that happened, as I never intentionally changed it. I thought I used the [ / ] copy paste to duplicate the enemy, before modifying it. Looks like I had some properties wrong, period.

I wonder if there is a way to force lanmolas or moldorm enemies to split into individual segments. It would be amusing, if it wasn't a glitch.

Now I'm curious what the other animation types will do to the enemy. (Tested: They do nothing, for either lanmola, or moldorm types.)

'Lanmolas do whatever they please' may as well be a new quote.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Lanmolas and the less drunk variety of Moldorm

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo View Post
    Lanmolas and the less drunk variety of Moldorm

Moldorms also do whatever they please. They just aren't as pushy about how they do it.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    That's cause the moldorm code hasn't changed much since 1999.

Thread Information