3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.36%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

The Warcraft Movie.

Totally a copy/paste from another forum, but I am going to preface this topic by saying that there are likely people here who have been playing World of Warcraft far, far longer than I have; probably since the beginning, in fact. I've only ever had the private server experience, and nothing really post-WotLK.

But let it never be said that I know very little of the lore. The Warcraft series has been a staple of my gaming (and cultural!) rites of passage since I was small enough to fit in a desk drawer. I remember storming the Dead Mines in Warcraft 1. I remember killing Medivh, and then having them retcon that later. I remember the map of Warcraft 2 and the villages that never appeared in WoW. I remember experiencing the culling of Stratholme twice.

I was there!

... and I could not be more impressed. I simply cannot. To date, I can't imagine a storyline that has more depth, character, and pure unadulterated lore behind it than Warcraft. Everything that you see is related to something else. Nothing is just there for no reason, or just to have something unrelated and out-of-context there to entertain you for five minutes.

So I was absolutely stunned to hear that the Warcraft movie was really going full steam ahead. Indeed, they just released two images from the movie. They also appear to have an early cast list.

Apparently, and please be aware that I am merely engaging in speculation, the movie will be a depiction of the events surrounding the corruption of the Orcs to become living weapons and the storming of the Eastern Kingdoms, likely. It's mostly revolving around the orcs. At least initially.

Well, let's see. If Anduin Lothar, Garona, Durotan, Orgrim, King Llane Wrynn, Medivh, Lady Taria, Blackhand, Khadgar, Moroes, Grommash Hellscream, Gul'dan, and even Varian Wrynn are involved, then the plotline will likely revolve around a bunch of things, but mostly the early war. If Durotan is there, then it's going to be before or during the time when the clans went through the Portal to the Black Morass.

Also, Moroes? Really? Medivh's steward? I guess it's unavoidable.

Can't wait until summer of next year. Oh boy.

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    I didn't get into warcraft till warcraft 2 came out, and stopped when they released wow. Cause I don't do MMORPGs too many perverts like myself out there some worst, can't make myself to be a hypocrite am i right. Might see the movie we'll see. Why can't these races just get along.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.37%
    The only Warcraft game I've played (and own) is the second game. I didn't like WoW for some reason. Maybe its because I wasn't a big fan of MMOs back then and was hesitant to sink money into something I can't play whenever the servers are shutdown forever and if I have an itch to play then I'm SOL. That's also a big reason why I was hesitant to play Final Fantasy XI and XIV (I do play the former now, but have yet to make a decision on when to step into the latter)
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Thread Information