User Tag List

Thread: Tribble Bug

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%

Dead Bug Tribble Bug

A bug that has probably existed since 1.90. Enemies can tribble while the stop watch is active.
    Doesn't make much sense if you ask me. Since the clock is suppose to freeze time, shouldn't it prevent enemies from tribbling.
    Last edited by Tamamo; 03-21-2015 at 11:07 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.17%
    As far as I remember, this was intended behavior. So I'm going to say not a bug.

Here lies mero. Died by his own dumbassitude.
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.96%
    Let me remind you you're not a developer, you do not decide what is not a bug and what is not. You haven't been around since the beginning either and you wouldn't know if it was a bug or not. Just because It's something that's existed since Tribble enemies have existed doesn't mean it's intended behavior. Anyways, it's been fixed with a quest rule.

Sorry if that comes off rude, that is not my intent.
    Last edited by Tamamo; 03-21-2015 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Tact

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by XMuppetSB View Post
    As far as I remember, this was intended behavior. So I'm going to say not a bug.
    You are right. This isn't a bug. If anything the change should be able to be toggled on or off. It sounds like a good option for the enemy editor though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.17%
    Quote Originally Posted by Mero View Post
    Let me remind you you're not a developer, you do not decide what is not a bug and what is not. You haven't been around since the beginning either and you wouldn't know if it was a bug or not. Just because It's something that's existed since Tribble enemies have existed doesn't mean it's intended behavior. Anyways, it's been fixed with a quest rule.

Sorry if that comes off rude, that is not my intent.
    I know I'm not a developer, but that doesn't mean I can't confirm what is or isn't a bug. I can tell the difference between what's really a bug, and what's actually something that was badly programmed in the first place. I mean, this isn't the only thing that was badly programmed in the first place. Think of all the other things that were badly programmed back in the days of 1.90, 2.10, and all that crap. As far as I remember, the hammer impact sprite is still aligned with the direction in which Link was facing when he pulled out the hammer, and not the spot where the hammer hit the ground. I also remember how badly the grass clippings were programmed, but Saffith fixed that in the template. I also remember how badly the line-of-sight traps and their corresponding quest rules were programmed back then, like having to apply the multi-directional traps rule in order for the traps to be blocked by solid combos, and for the 'Traps Ignore Walkability' flag to work, and traps that move all the way across the screen passing through invisible borders unless the multi-directional traps rule is checked.

Not to mention some of the problems reported were actually errors made by the players/users, and not the developers themselves, and sometimes other users would report a bug, then I would test it out myself to confirm if it's actually happening or not. That what testing out features is for, to see if there are any bugs. I've been testing these features to find bugs with the program ever since I started using the early 2.11 betas.

By the way, you weren't always a developer yourself (no offense), but I have noticed that you've been implementing new features and such here lately. So, when did you start programming things for ZC?

Oh and, I know you weren't trying to be rude, but still, no offense taken.
    Last edited by XMuppetSB; 03-22-2015 at 02:27 AM.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    I wouldn't say it was bad programming. Since tribbles weren't in Z1 we can't really base their "clock" behavior of anything. The way I see it it comes down to personal preference. I see no reason why they shouldn't "tribble" while the clock is active. For all we know the clock just stops movement and shooting. I really do think stopping it is a good option for people to have.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    23.44%
    I guess we could call this one "Bug Tribble in Little Zelda." :)
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    It seems to me this behavior should be up to the quest developer. I have tribble enemies in the quest I am trying to develop, and although I have not seen any random clocks appear in those rooms as yet, I think they might still work even if the clock is active. It should be an option that leaves it up to the person making the quest. I know I'm not a developer either, just a suggestion.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
    I guess we could call this one "Bug Tribble in Little Zelda." :)

Thread Information