After talking with a few people: I will be ditching the years: It makes things look so much dated and New Quest 2013 was starting to look dated, between the pre-1.90 hookups and other things. Plus, I really don't want to be changing the original New Quest idea too much anymore without it being a separate entry, and this includes new features, new items, and new sprites.

Also, this was arguably inevitable, New Quest "3" has hit significant delays as my developers with me have lives and it's still at least a year off before it starts betas.

So in the meantime, I have decided to reset the version number and start a new New Quest system, one that features free DLC updates as new cool things come out. I'm also strongly thinking about a rather large update.sprite-wise

So without further ado, I introduce to you, New Quest: DLC Version, and will be a separate entry in the Quest DB!

Some of the features:

1. A brand new life meter
2. Brand new dungeons (to be introduced in updates)
3. Brand new palettes (thinking Zelda 2 style)
4. Revamped Levels 8, 9, and 10, so they're not so friggin' repetitive (and maybe nerfed as well)
5. New items (to be introduced in updates)
6. A change to Level 11's color
7. A "true" level color that doesn't change when you go out of dungeons.
8. New tiles possibly, ported over from Demo SP most likely. I like the set that was developed for classic on that.
9. Thinking of even adding difficulty levels like New Quest 2 (though undecided on that). Easy Mode definitely, undecided on a Kaizo Mode yet. Level 11 is the same in all difficulties.

Project Forum: http://www.purezc.ne...projects&id=279

Also, New Quest 2013 is being retired, no new updates, no version increments. New DLC will be updated from this point forward. Have fun with the old Level 11!

-James