Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%

Nintendo Mobilizes

I'm finally getting around to posting this here, but I'm sure some of you have heard about this by now. Nintendo is stepping into the mobile and PC market. They ARE NOT going 3rd party. They still are gonna make their own consoles as they have also announced a system in development codenamed the NX. I've looked around for facts as some people are freaking out and basically just throwing hate at whoever they come across. So instead of linking to just a news article, here is a list of actual facts that I've managed to find.

1) Nintendo and DeNa are partnering to create games from Nintendo’s large list of IPs for smartphone devices.
    2) Nintendo will NOT be porting their games to smartphones. This is simply a contractual agreement.
    3) DeNa will also be working on the new membership program that replaces Club Nintendo in Fall 2015, which will be accessible on PC, mobile devices, and all Nintendo devices (Wii U, 3DS, and NX).
    4) Codename NX is an all-new type of dedicated gaming platform Nintendo is working on likely which they’ll announce at a later date more thoroughly in 2016. This system will join the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS; Iwata made it clear with the graph that it is NOT meant to act as a device that replaces either their home console or portable system. It is an entirely new ‘type’ of gaming device.

Personally I am skeptical, but then again I always skeptical of anything new that comes at first (I'm still holding out on getting a New 3DS XL for example until as early as May or June this year.) Maybe the games they brings to smart phones will be better quality than some of the "games" I've seen so far that haven't been able to catch my interest and maybe finally upgrade from a regular cell phone (that I've had for about 5+ years) to a smart phone. Only time will tell.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%
    I wonder what they mean by "new type of gaming device." Right now, I only know of the following types of platforms: console, PC, portable, mobile (smartphone), and plug & play. So what else is there? Some kind of VR thing? They tried with Virtual Boy which was an epic fail. Or maybe they have something in mind that has never been done before, like they did with the 3DS. We'll just have to wait and see.

EDIT: On a side note @mrz84 , I do own a 3DS XL and it's overall a good system, but suffers from the same issue with the DSi XL, in that the magnified screen makes the graphics appear more pixelated, though to a lesser extent than the DSi XL.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.17%
    I too remain skeptical. However, the way Nintendo has fallen from grace (again) since the launch of the Wii U (at least in terms of home consoles), I would have to say this comes across as somewhat progressive to me. After all, Nintendo usually sticks to their guns and refuses to adapt to the current market, more or less, but seeing this sort of a decision give some hope that some change may be in the near future. Then again, this is just Nintendo expanding its IPs to other "platforms", not gaining any additional third party support.

Up in the air, as far as I'm concerned; this could work out well. My hopes lie beyond the deal with DeNa in the first place, and that Nintendo may be deciding to re-evaluate their stance or position in the gaming world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.83%
    I am all for Branching out into other Mediums, but I feel Nintendo should catch up with the Console and their current user base first. While I wait for the slow drizzle that is Wii-U releases I don't want to see another device getting bombarded with new content. Get the ball rolling on all these titles we were told about last year, get more stuff onto the Virtual Console, and then worry about diversifying.
    He that is blind to the world around him, shall see no Evil.

Thread Information