Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
Hmm... do you think that maybe the Gorons should have those inanimate types (so they don't have gender)? I mean, the means through which they reproduce is never specified but I was always under the impression that they fragment into smaller copies, much like a mountain breaks off boulders or a plant buds infant clones of itself. That would certainly explain why most of them have nearly identical morphology (well, in a Pokemon rom you can't specialize anyway without making a new breed, but you get my point).

Anyway, if that's possible I think you should set the Goron breeds to be genderless.

Still, great work and keep the project rolling!

I'm going to keep the genders because I'll eventually have breeding... those competitive types always want to be able to get better EVs and IVs and the best way is always through breeding... which pretty much means that they'll all be in eggs anyways, just like in Pokemon. I also intend on having trading and link battling, because if you play pokemon on an android you can actually do that with your friends with the MyBoy emulator... otherwise I'd change it, but being genderless I don't think they could breed.

Side note, I've managed to change the battle backgrounds for field battles: