User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Legend of Zelda: Sacred Paradox (Pokemon Firered Hack)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.22%

The Legend of Zelda: Sacred Paradox (Pokemon Firered Hack)

Hey guys, I'm new to this site, but I thought some of you(not all, I realize this! ) might appreciate the game I'm currently working on. It's a hack of Pokemon Firered that effectively transforms the game into a Zelda RPG. I've been working on this for a little over half a year now on and off (hectic life) but progress is still coming along steadily. Here's a little bit of information on the project:

The goal of this game is to fully replace the Pokemon experience with a Zelda experience similar to the Gameboy Zelda games. You will play as Link as you journey through a familiar yet new version of Hyrule... as a monster tamer. The battle mechanics of Pokemon will take over for this game, as you collect and capture creatures inside of Soul Gems. Gyms are out of the equation, as now you must complete dungeons by solving puzzles and capturing or defeating bosses and minibosses. Many characters from all around the Zelda timelines will make an appearance in this game, making this a fanservice fangame.
    The "Sacred Paradox" itself will stem from a villain capturing Zelda and entering the Sacred Realm to create an altered world to rule over, bending reality to fuse two worlds into one. Link must defeat this villain to rescue Princess Zelda and save Hyrule!

I also have videos on my youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ZeldaEchoesofTime/videos

And the main thread is over at the pokecommunity here:
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=331358

So, I'm interested in hearing thoughts and concerns from you guys over here at Zelda Classic. I'm also potentially looking for people who might be interested in the project. I really want to thicken up the story and make it as good as possible. It doesn't stick to any form of the official timeline!

Oh, and maybe I should share this too:

I've done most of the first dungeon, inserted plenty of Zelda music, and lots of custom sprites for it thus far. I'm thinking as of right now that the villain will be a version of Veran from the Dark World or Twilight Realm, and she'll eventually resurrect Ganon. Thanks for reading this guys! Thoughts?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%
    First off, let me say that the work you've shown so far looks very well done. Next, I would be interested in this once its finished. Are there an Zelda games you won't be having characters from or is that a non-issue? Again, I'm looking forward to this once its finished. Here's hoping the Big N doesn't get wind of this and try to C&D ya.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.17%
    This looks really interesting and I'd definitely play it, but it does seem a little odd having Link battle by 'capturing', not just monsters from the Zelda series, but other characters as well (as you've hinted at by possibly making Din, Farore, and Nayru something akin to legendary Pokemon).Still, it's not a huge deal and certainly isn't something I'd consider a deal breaker, so I think you should keep at it as long as you enjoy working on it.

Although, if you were to include characters such as Din, Farore, and Nayru, it wouldn't be as weird if, in return for you helping them in some way, they were to offer to join your party and help you on your journey, much like one could expect other characters to join you in some JRPGs.

Is the original art your work as well or do you have others helping you? It looks really nice...especially Moosh...I love Moosh, heh. n_n

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.26%
    Huh, when I saw that it was a Pokemon hack I almost expected your 'team' to be a collection of tools from the bag. Like for instance a Hero's bow, which would have a sprite of Link wielding the weapon and might learn abilities like Light Arrow or Frost Arrow, or a hookshot which mind have attacks like Bind or Fly. Still, it's an interesting change of pace for Link to be enlisting the might of his antagonists.

And the sprite work is phenomenal.

On an unrelated note, have you changed the HMs much?

EDIT: Started reading the linked thread and I guess that's already been discussed. Whoops! Oh well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.22%
    Quote Originally Posted by mrz84 View Post
    First off, let me say that the work you've shown so far looks very well done. Next, I would be interested in this once its finished. Are there an Zelda games you won't be having characters from or is that a non-issue? Again, I'm looking forward to this once its finished. Here's hoping the Big N doesn't get wind of this and try to C&D ya.
    Not really, I mean I might take creatures from the NES games and revamp them a little to match the Oracle style a little closer but that's all haha. I'm open to suggestions for enemies, as well as suggestions on how I should implement their cries. For example, with the red Octorok(called Octo in this game), his cry is a sound of a Mad Scrub from Ocarina of time played backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Isana View Post
    This looks really interesting and I'd definitely play it, but it does seem a little odd having Link battle by 'capturing', not just monsters from the Zelda series, but other characters as well (as you've hinted at by possibly making Din, Farore, and Nayru something akin to legendary Pokemon).Still, it's not a huge deal and certainly isn't something I'd consider a deal breaker, so I think you should keep at it as long as you enjoy working on it.

Although, if you were to include characters such as Din, Farore, and Nayru, it wouldn't be as weird if, in return for you helping them in some way, they were to offer to join your party and help you on your journey, much like one could expect other characters to join you in some JRPGs.

Is the original art your work as well or do you have others helping you? It looks really nice...especially Moosh...I love Moosh, heh. n_n
    If I did hint at that in the early pages of the main thread, that's out the window by now haha. I have bigger plans for them, involving them being stripped of their goddess titles and stuck in a powerless version of their Oracle forms. I did all the art myself, though I'll be the first to admit I did take some shortcuts for a few like Ricky, Moosh and Dimitri. For them, I shrunk them down in size, made a custom palette and traced over them in a new layer on Fireworks. Odolwa's backsprite was also done by using a 3D model viewer of the Majora's Mask 3D models and doing the same process as the Oracle mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    Huh, when I saw that it was a Pokemon hack I almost expected your 'team' to be a collection of tools from the bag. Like for instance a Hero's bow, which would have a sprite of Link wielding the weapon and have might learn abilities like Light Arrow or Frost Arrow, or a hookshot which mind have attacks like Bind or Fly. Still, it's an interesting change of pace for Link to be enlisting the might of his antagonists.

And the sprite work is phenomenal.

On an unrelated note, have you changed the HMs much?
    I'm not sure how I'm going to tackle the HMs yet, I will have to rename them anyways as I'm renaming all of the items in my game... and they will kinda need to make sense haha. They're discs in Pokemon, and in this they'd have to be something else entirely, but I'm open to suggestions for it. Pokeballs are a type of "Soul Gem" where you capture the creatures inside, and things like Potions are different sized hearts, Rare Candies are heart containers, etc etc. :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.22%
    EDIT: The database corrected itself, the first post is back, so this post is unneccessary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.22%
    The forum just deleted my first post due to a database error when I tried changing the setting to notify me via email when I receive a new reply, so luckily when I noticed there were issues before, I made a backup:

Hey guys, I'm new to this site, but I thought some of you(not all, I realize this! ) might appreciate the game I'm currently working on. It's a hack of Pokemon Firered that effectively transforms the game into a Zelda RPG. I've been working on this for a little over half a year now on and off (hectic life) but progress is still coming along steadily. Here's a little bit of information on the project:

The goal of this game is to fully replace the Pokemon experience with a Zelda experience similar to the Gameboy Zelda games. You will play as Link as you journey through a familiar yet new version of Hyrule... as a monster tamer. The battle mechanics of Pokemon will take over for this game, as you collect and capture creatures inside of Soul Gems. Gyms are out of the equation, as now you must complete dungeons by solving puzzles and capturing or defeating bosses and minibosses. Many characters from all around the Zelda timelines will make an appearance in this game, making this a fanservice fangame.
    The "Sacred Paradox" itself will stem from a villain capturing Zelda and entering the Sacred Realm to create an altered world to rule over, bending reality to fuse two worlds into one. Link must defeat this villain to rescue Princess Zelda and save Hyrule!

So, I'm interested in hearing thoughts and concerns from you guys over here at Zelda Classic. I'm also potentially looking for people who might be interested in the project. I really want to thicken up the story and make it as good as possible. It doesn't stick to any form of the official timeline!

I've done most of the first dungeon, inserted plenty of Zelda music, and lots of custom sprites for it thus far. I'm thinking as of right now that the villain will be a version of Veran from the Dark World or Twilight Realm, and she'll eventually resurrect Ganon. Thanks for reading this guys! Thoughts?

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.26%
    Hmm... I didn't play FireRed (I played the original Gen 1 versions), so I don't know if they added any, but the hidden techniques I remember were Flash, Cut, Surf, Strength, and Fly. The functionality really doesn't need to change since these techniques are really rather standard as far as exploring a fantasy world goes. As for unlocking them, I DO have a suggestion for you:

Kinstones.

Use the Strength Kinstone on your Goron and he can push rocks. Use the Flash Kinstone on your fairy and she can light up caves. I'd definitely say you should limit Cut to bladed characters instead of plants like in the Pokemon games (for instance, I can see a Zora, Ricky, or Odolwa learning cut since they had those kinds of talents in Zelda games, but I can't picture a Deku Baba using cut).

Food for thought.

EDIT: Yep, I'm getting database errors too, but the changes and posts are still going through. Try refreshing the page after making a change, and I'll notify one of the admins about the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.22%
    Quote Originally Posted by InnerMobius

Very strange database errors, so if this goes through I'll leave this here to be merged into the first post if it's been lost to the SQL monster lol.

And that's what you meant for HMs. I actually had a different plan for them. If I can get it to work right, I'd rather make the HM moves themselves as Key Items. I already did away with the need for Strength, as when you enter the first dungeon it sets a flag that you already activated strength, so you can push the blocks around until you leave the dungeon. The kinstones might be a really good idea for TMs though, I like that. :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.22%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    Hmm... I didn't play FireRed (I played the original Gen 1 versions), so I don't know if they added any, but the hidden techniques I remember were Flash, Cut, Surf, Strength, and Fly. The functionality really doesn't need to change since these techniques are really rather standard as far as exploring a fantasy world goes. As for unlocking them, I DO have a suggestion for you:

Kinstones.

Use the Strength Kinstone on your Goron and he can push rocks. Use the Flash Kinstone on your fairy and she can light up caves. I'd definitely say you should limit Cut to bladed characters instead of plants like in the Pokemon games (for instance, I can see a Zora, Ricky, or Odolwa learning cut since they had those kinds of talents in Zelda games, but I can't picture a Deku Baba using cut).

Food for thought.

EDIT: Yep, I'm getting database errors too, but the changes and posts are still going through. Try refreshing the page after making a change, and I'll notify one of the admins about the problem.
    Yeah, the errors are making it slightly difficult to post lol... but anyways what I tried saying twice or 3 times so far is that I didn't understand what you meant with the HMs before, but yes, I do have a plan for them already... I'd rather turn the HM moves into Key Items if at all possible, to give the players a little something to work for in the dungeons to help solve puzzles to get to the boss key. The first dungeon's special item doesn't really do this, as it's just the Pegasus Boots, and I don't think there's really much I can do with the pokemon engine with those (the running shoes) puzzle-wise. But I would like to have a version of bombs for some places, maybe rocksmash could be that... and cut could be how you break pots for rupees. I'm not sure yet, but I do want pot smashing haha.

Thread Information