Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%

Dragonball Z - Fukkatsu no F Discussion Thread

I'm sure that there are those of us here that are fans of the Dragonball franchise. I'm also sure that some of you may or may not of heard of the sequel to Battle of the Gods with a focus on the return of Frieza. So I'm gonna ask, how many of you have seen the newest trailers and your thoughts on them?

The latest trailer (to my knowledge) if you haven't seen it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwemf0oyrqk

I'd like to point out that one of the things that caught my eye in there was the inclusion of Jaco from the recent miniseries featuring him in Shonen Jump. It took me by surprise. And then there's the rest of the trailer which I'll let speak for itself. I'm looking forward to the movie, but I'm also gonna hold my final judgement on if it is actually good or not once its released.

And for some gits and shiggles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBoIG_oLJTU and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeGeY64x20I

Have fun with that, and have some nice discussion about the movie.
    Last edited by mrz84; 03-04-2015 at 01:20 PM. Reason: I AM ERROR
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    49.1%
    Being a Dragonball and Dragonball Z fan, of course I am looking forward to this.

However, I am also going to be holding my breath, as the recent "resurgence" of the series in film form has been something that I have been excited for, I'm not sure how I feel about resurrecting enemies or villains. After all, this isn't the first time Frieza has been brought back to life/survived a fight. Besides that, however, I am curious about his golden form. Is it a form above and beyond his original "final final" form or just what he looks like after being brought back to life?

In any case, I am excited, of course. Frieza is one of the better villains from the series, in the end, so I'm hoping it holds the same level of epic fights and moments that the original scenes did with him in the series.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.23%
    I came across an interesting video in my recommended youtube videos today that is Dragonball related. If you already watched the Fukkatsu no F trailer I posted, you might notice some similar things in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM0wMvbOw4o

Also, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s901cDAYzmc (its kinda more Xenoverse related, but meh)
    Last edited by mrz84; 03-10-2015 at 04:10 PM. Reason: I AM ERROR
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.91%
    Quote Originally Posted by King Link View Post
    Besides that, however, I am curious about his golden form. Is it a form above and beyond his original "final final" form or just what he looks like after being brought back to life?
    Well, as Cooler shows, Frieza's people were capable of at least five forms. The issue I have is that this fifth form looks drastically different than what Cooler displayed as his fifth form. Frieza's people tend to look roughly identical when occupying the same form; King Cold resembling Frieza's second, Cooler resembling Frieza's fourth until he transforms beyond it. This fifth form more resembles a Super Sayian transformation in that certain aspects turn gold and the transformer gains a massive boost in power, but the body itself remains roughly the same.

As for whether or not that this is the result of him being revived? That is hard to say. Beerus seemed genuinely shocked that someone was able to defeat Frieza at all so perhaps there were hidden depths to Frieza's power that went untapped. Frieza has been trapped in Hell for what... a decade story wise? Perhaps he had the time to achieve now what he could not then.

Quote Originally Posted by King Link
    In any case, I am excited, of course. Frieza is one of the better villains from the series, in the end, so I'm hoping it holds the same level of epic fights and moments that the original scenes did with him in the series.
    I know trailers tend to not always be accurate but what I saw had me excited. Frieza was my favorite villain. Not only did he have a wonderfully villainous personality (with quips and one liners to match) but was also the only genuine threat that none of the fighters could train to defeat before fighting him (not counting Raditz). He was powerful, brutal, and efficient. Even once Goku goes Super Sayian, once Frieza hit 100% you weren't quite certain Goku would win. It was an epic (if quite long) fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    28.17%
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    Well, as Cooler shows, Frieza's people were capable of at least five forms. The issue I have is that this fifth form looks drastically different than what Cooler displayed as his fifth form. Frieza's people tend to look roughly identical when occupying the same form; King Cold resembling Frieza's second, Cooler resembling Frieza's fourth until he transforms beyond it. This fifth form more resembles a Super Sayian transformation in that certain aspects turn gold and the transformer gains a massive boost in power, but the body itself remains roughly the same.
    Cooler isn't part of the original canon though. He falls into the same group as Broly, Bojack, and most other characters from the movies and GT, so there's no reason for Frieza to take on a form with any resemblance to Cooler's fifth form.
    I do feel that Akira Toriyama could have done something a little more creative with Frieza's new form, but Super Saiyan God isn't all that drastic of a change either so it's not a big deal haha.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this movie. Some have stated that it's stupid for Frieza to have been able to gain enough power to go up against the others simply because he hadn't ever trained before, but as far as I can tell, Frieza will be training while Goku and Vegeta are off training as well (although Frieza may finish his training and travel to Earth before Goku and Vegeta return) so it's not like he only spends a week training or something; it would seem that he at least spends some considerable amount of time training before any confrontation takes place. I'll admit that it's still a little silly, but the idea of Frieza being resurrected and surviving despite having been slashed to bits by Trunks is even sillier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    83.15%
    Definitely looking forward to this, hoping to see it in theaters when it releases next month (Doubt I'll understand much but it should still be good). I'm glad they're bringing the series back as much as they are now days, I didn't care for the last movie too much but I do enjoy how it continues the story, I liked how it played through in Xenoverse pretty nicely. I've been hearing some talks about Vegeta possibly taking charge in this movie, which could be a pretty nice change for this.

http://ssj3500.net
    --- 15 MP ---

Current MPQ Question
    Click Below
    MPQ ROUND 2
    (Questions are mostly, but not all anime based.)

Thread Information