Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.09%

Zelda 1.5

I saw that Matthew Bluefox wanted these quests taken down, but I'm still interested in playing them...

The version of 1.5 Final in the Quest Database seems to be an old one, so could anyone send me the most recent version?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.74%
    Before the forums went down, I've asked two different staff members for an update, butt Pineconn was away which is fully understandable, and the second member didn't have enuff time to reply, because the forums went down shortly after. The updated quest was on my server. Unfortunately, next to you there is only Niknok who wants to play my quest, and then nobody anymore. So I've decided to take the quests all off my server and I really hope - as soon as the edit and delete panel works again for the QDB managers - the quests will also be gone from the QDB very soon. I've also asked for my account to be deleted here on the forums, and they said they're on it, so if you won't get any further replies in this topic, don't be disappointed, please.

Matt
    If you want to stay updated with all links to my current projects, please visit my signature at www.purezc.net - thanks and have fun!

Lynel
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.54%
    You know, that's silly.

I'd like to play them. Just because you're not famous or popular immediately doesn't mean you won't be eventually...

Of course, if you're going to do that just because the forum went down before an update could be released... well, good luck with the rest of your life...
    Tale of the Cave - a web comic - Updates Monday, Wednesday, Friday
    ZC Tutorials - Tutorials and Script Library - Updated July 30, 2008
    ZeldaGuard - Corruption in my save files? It's more likely than you think!
    I do script requests!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.74%
    Quote Originally Posted by pkmnfrk View Post
    You know, that's silly.

I'd like to play them. Just because you're not famous or popular immediately doesn't mean you won't be eventually...

Of course, if you're going to do that just because the forum went down before an update could be released... well, good luck with the rest of your life...
    I've been here for several years now, I don't know what you mean with "immediately". And no, it's not because the update wasn't loaded, it was because of the discussion thread that has gone due to the hack (I know that now). So, basically everything about my work has been purged, except the quest itself and then I noticed there has been almost no download from the QDB at all ... that's why I think this way.

Apparently nobody wants to delete my user account here either even though I've requested it twice up to now, so I guess I will reply to this topic as long as my account is still active, and please ... as soon as it's possible - I know it's a pain to do it now because of the hacker's damage - delete the QDB entries from my quests as well. Thank you in advance. :) I mean no harm on anyone here, I hope you can understand it.

Matt
    If you want to stay updated with all links to my current projects, please visit my signature at www.purezc.net - thanks and have fun!

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.32%
    Matt- I have enjoyed and played all your 4 quests... they were so nice. Just have them remained on QDB. regards.

Lynel
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.54%
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Bluefox View Post
    I've been here for several years now, I don't know what you mean with "immediately". And no, it's not because the update wasn't loaded, it was because of the discussion thread that has gone due to the hack (I know that now). So, basically everything about my work has been purged, except the quest itself and then I noticed there has been almost no download from the QDB at all ... that's why I think this way.

Apparently nobody wants to delete my user account here either even though I've requested it twice up to now, so I guess I will reply to this topic as long as my account is still active, and please ... as soon as it's possible - I know it's a pain to do it now because of the hacker's damage - delete the QDB entries from my quests as well. Thank you in advance. :) I mean no harm on anyone here, I hope you can understand it.

Matt
    So, let me get this straight... You want to go away from here, and take everything you gave to everyone else -- your quests -- with you? How inconsiderate!

Let me tell you something. I lost threads in the hack. Several of them, with very important information. One was a ZScript, with documentation. Another was my custom boss thread.

Maybe, 5 people looked at them. And, you know what? I've been around longer than you have, and I don't care! So what if they don't! I'll just keep churning them out. If even one person looks at it, and finds it useful or entertaining, then great! If not... Well, tough, I'll try again with something else.

Going all whiny and deleting everything is immature, and not how you deal with a lack of success -- not failure, just an absense of success.

Now, on to something a bit more relevant. I've wanted to play a modern upgrade of Zelda 1 for ever. If this is what the quest is, then I want to play it. So, give me the damned link, or post it somewhere!

EDIT: Never mind, they updated it on the 25th of November! Or, is this the previous update?
    Tale of the Cave - a web comic - Updates Monday, Wednesday, Friday
    ZC Tutorials - Tutorials and Script Library - Updated July 30, 2008
    ZeldaGuard - Corruption in my save files? It's more likely than you think!
    I do script requests!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.74%
    No, that's the old one with the two minor bugs. The new version is available. You can download it if you want from my server directly: http://wr2.vfusion.de/Zelda/deluxe1.zip

So I guess it's easier to just post the server link here, but then it makes no sense to have it on the QDB because that one is outdated, and all my older quests might have bigger bugs I don't even know of, and the bad stuff is, I can't fix them since I don't have them anymore (Janine's quests for example), and I only want to keep working on the latest Zelda 1.5 Deluxe game, no others anymore.

By the way, you've been around for a few months more than me, that's not that much longer. I admit I have overreacted and your point is a good one. But for let's say 5 people, I don't need to bug the admins for constant updating the QDB if I can post the link here. Like this, Niknok and you and maybe two or three more users who like to play my quest can get it here.

Matt

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.08%
    Thats what most people do, they make a discussion topic for there quest and include a personal source for updates. You could have PM'd me about updating your quest submission as I am a manager of the QDB.

I just updated the quest with the one from http://wr2.vfusion.de/Zelda/deluxe1.zip
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.74%
    Quote Originally Posted by franpa View Post
    Thats what most people do, they make a discussion topic for there quest and include a personal source for updates. You could have PM'd me about updating your quest submission as I am a manager of the QDB.

I just updated the quest with the one from http://wr2.vfusion.de/Zelda/deluxe1.zip
    Thankies, I hope that will get me a few more downloads. :)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.08%
    Maybe include a readme.txt file with a link to this discussion thread and to look there for new updates etc.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Thread Information