Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    74.81%

I don't know how to morph these parts together

I'm still relatively new to the editor and i really want my map to play well, look good and all that stuff but i'm not sure how i should go about morphing this area to make it match together, i put some layered barrels over it so maybe people won't notice but i don't think it'll work in the long run does anybody know how i can do this?

also i guess ill include a picture of the overworld (Of what i have) and maybe you guys can give me some feedback

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.31%
    I think you're going to need a custom tile or a shift in the way you arrange the beach.

If you make a custom tile, you want the dark blue to taper off at a slight diagonal (maybe 45 degrees above level) to imply the sediment from that canyon river building up along the shore there (creating the gentle transition from water to beach instead of more cliffs.

Alternatively, if you consider that the waterfall is going to be dropping sediment in a delta as it enters the large and relatively static lake, then you should shift the beach to line up with that diagonal section of mountains (make a narrow bar where you currently have the barrels). That might eliminate the need for a custom tile.

The former will be more useful in the long run, though, so I'd recommend trying to draw a pair of custom tiles that gradually eliminates the dark blue as you move to the right.

Your region here is very intriguing, I look forward to seeing more of your work. I have two other pointers if you care to hear them.

1.) There's a tree that abruptly changes colors directly north of that witch's shop, I don't know if that was intentional but it looks a little odd.

2.) The water table near the bridge is inconsistent; it has an elevation of 2 going up to the bridge but changes to an elevation of 3 upon hitting the falls. Either raise the water level of that river (making it flush with the ground on both sides) or lower the level of the falls (making it just the slanted falls, 2 combos tall).

Good luck and keep up the great work!

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    74.81%
    i'm not to good at drawing custom tiles but i guess ill give it a try, thank you for the extra pointers, i will defiantly fix them, maybe i should get rid of the bridge all together and just have it as shallow water? anywhom haha maybe in the future ill open up a thread and get beta testers and all that stuff :)

Thread Information