Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.43%

how to make a cave my item cellar

I changed the rule to make cave my item cellar because the tileset does not have a item celllar, but i just end up in a black room. how do I tell the game where my cave is. I tryed f10 and f11 like when you start a dungeon. what am i doing wrong.

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.7%
    I'm a bit confused by this. You're gonna need to give more information on exactly what you did. (Also, don't be freaked out when a Moderator moves this to the appropriate forum).

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.43%
    ok there is no item cellar so i changed the rule to cave. i placed a preset cave in the bottom left corner where the item cellar would be. i now go to the cave but when i walk in it takes me back to the enter point and if i go back out the door to stop the loop it takes me to the corner of the cave and if i move it takes me back to the door. the move i figure it out the more complicated it seems to get.
    Last edited by steven711; 01-03-2015 at 02:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.49%
    It might be easier for us to help you if you post a screenshot of what your cave and entrance look like in the editor, since I am not 100% sure what your problem is. I will try to help however I can right now, though.

First, there are item cellars. Item cellars are used in dungeons and caves are used in overworlds. The "rule" you are talking about (Use Caves Instead Of Item Cellars) is a DMap flag, not a rule. It allows you to have caves in dungeons instead of item cellars, which is normally not possible. Second, the cave/item cellar warp type always takes the player to screen 0x80, which is the screen in the bottom-left corner of the map, not the bottom-right corner. Third, based on the rest of what you are saying, I guess you are using the Entrance/Exit warp type instead. When using that warp type, the player always moves down exactly one space from the warp return point, unless the return point is placed somewhere along the border of the screen, in which case the player moves one space away from the border. I am guessing you have your exit on the south side of the screen and have the warp return point directly above it, which is why Link is leaving immediately. To fix this, move the return point down against the screen border, and Link will move away from the exit instead of into it. Finally, if you are ending up in the top-left corner of a screen after a warp, it means you did not set the return point for that screen.

Again, it would help if you left a screenshot, so we can better understand your problem.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.43%

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.43%
    i go down the stairs in the room i set up in my dungeon. i end up in the cave. when i advance forward i start again from the doorway of the cave. i dont turn around and leave. if i turn around and leave because i cant go forward with out entering the cave again, i end up further in the cave on a cliff and the cave turns blue like my dungeon. id like to set up a custom item cellar i can copy and paste to each map but i cant figure out how to make a room become an item cellar either. if you can help me set up an item cellar or figure out what im doing wrong with the cave, either will be fine.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.43%
    i also posted screen shots but it said i had to be approved before posting so im sure they will be on here soon

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.3%
    Screenshot post approved, thread moved to ZC Quest Editor Help.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.43%
    just to let everyone know i figured it out. i set the bottom left screen to palette 00B and built a brown dungeon style item cellar. i put a few brown walkable tiles 4 squares from the top right where you enter and used layers to put in a ladder. then used layers to decorate. i put in flooded floors and a waterfall. few dead bodies and light posts and it looks good. takes me right there and back and the bats show up. thanks for the help.

Thread Information