88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    If I recall correctly, the reason those review died off was because of one of many hacks which destroyed AGN. When the website was once again restored, War Lord's reviews system was not restored with it.

Brasel, I don't know how the future stands but I would be highly interested in contributing to this once again.

Similar to ScrewAttack, a blog system for users could be nice. Also, a more advanced review system than we had originally. I actually think GameFAQS has a more advanced review system than what we did.

In short, we may need more memory.
    Last edited by King Aquamentus; 11-05-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.44%
    Quote Originally Posted by King Aquamentus View Post
    If I recall correctly, the reason those review died off was because of one of many hacks which destroyed AGN. When the website was once again restored, War Lord's reviews system was not restored with it.
    I am recalling the same thing. So it's not like we stopped the reviews and stuff because of a lack of interest, probably more frustration because everything was lost and it would have had to start from scratch.

I am in favor of anything that can keep discussion flowing and has the potential to draw in new and productive members.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    Quote Originally Posted by erm2003 View Post
    I am recalling the same thing. So it's not like we stopped the reviews and stuff because of a lack of interest, probably more frustration because everything was lost and it would have had to start from scratch..
    It wasn't even frustration. We just freakin lost the facilities and War Lord wasn't around.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    Quote Originally Posted by King Aquamentus View Post
    Brasel, I don't know how the future stands but I would be highly interested in contributing to this once again.
    Good deal.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    I'm not too worried about videos because youtube, but should we have regular news updates and interesting articles?

"10 THINGS ABOUT METROID: OTHER M THAT ARE ACTUALLY KIND OF OK" - read more

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    Oh definitely! I'm thinking of doing video game character analysis articles soon. Others I have thought about are articles like which is the best game in a particular series, what the hell is going on in the Metal Gear Solid storyline, etc.

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    This is just an example of my writing. I'm going to be posting my articles at Gaming Rebellion while I hone my craft a bit. I'm still going to get a plan together on how we can start adding my proposed content.

http://www.gamingrebellion.com/2014/...e-reflections/

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    Here is what I'm thinking about starting over the next few months. This is a rough outline and as I get closer to finishing up deliverable number 1, we can set target dates on the rest.

1. Put together a Prototype Wordpress Site with some example content from things that I already have.
    2. If the prototype site is accepted, we will likely want to investigate the feasibility of linking vB users to the Wordpress site. Not sure how or if this can be done, especially if Wordpress and the forums exist in two separate locations. We can talk about this when we get closer to #1 being finished.
    3. Develop a staff structure. Administrators/Editors, Senior Contributors, Contributors...
    4. Get the content contributors rounded up and get them started on projects. The administrators or "editors" can be responsible for coming up with assignments to contributors, and contributors are encouraged to bring their own ideas onboard as well. These can be articles, essays, podcasts, video reviews, lets plays, etc. I may be able to get a podcast together, so I'd like first crack at that content.
    5. We will need to set up a DNS redirect so that www.armageddongames.net goes to the Wordpress site as the main site. There will be a very clear "FORUMS" link on the main site.
    6. Contributors will be held to weekly content. They don't need to submit content that belongs in the same series every week, but they will need to post something. For example: I could submit a video review every two weeks, and on the off weeks, post an article or some other written content.
    7. Hit social media hard and often. Post something to Twitter/Facebook/whatever each time content is posted. Engage in conversation with people reached through social media. Be sure to comment on content posted to the site to stimulate conversation.
    8. Network with other video game blogs/sites/etc. See about collaborating for certain projects.
    -Long Term
    9. Once we grow our userbase, look into advertising from video game companies or from complementary products. Complementary products such as PC hardware, Doritos/MTN Dew, or other geeky stuff like movies/TV shows. Hopefully this can lead to cool stuff like free review copies of video games, invitations to major events such as E3, interviews with major game developers.

Content Ideas Include:
    -Video Game Reviews
    -Video Game Story or Character Analysis
    -Lets plays of new and popular video games, retro games, AGN developed games.
    -Live Streams
    -Podcasts
    -Video Game news
    -Interviews with popular letsplayers or streamers
    -Interviews with developers - including the AGN devs. :)

If there is anything I missed or anything you want to add, let me know. How does this look?

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.03%
    a few suggested amendments:

1 and 2: I'd test the connectivity of vbulletin and wordpress ASAP. Nothing sucks more than assembling a nice prototype and having a big rift between it and the AGN forums.

5: If it is necessary. I realize that at some point you will need to communicate considerably with Ctrl-Alt-Delete, so why not see if there is possibly a more direct approach?

6: This sorta answers another question I had, but for clarification: I could for example one week talk about the real life versions of Goldeneye stages, and the next dissect the garbled voice samples from Ikari Warriors II?

7: Although Social Media is as essential as water, man can't live on it alone. AGN needs effective marketing too.

8: SCREWATTACK.COM AND GAME GRUMPS PLZ

And that's about all I really got to say at this time. For content, I'm a veritable fountain of ideas ranging from funny to "oh interesting". See the above examples? Besides, content regarding Zelda Classic will totally be a thing too.

Some content off the top of my head:

-Why Schala is just as bad as Magus
    -Ikari Warriors II: "kick a clown, that's right" ?
    -Scripting: At what point is a ZC Quest no longer a quest?
    -Swords and Fantasy: Zelda in the 80's
    -Canon in the Mushroom Kingdom: Why everything you know about Mario is a lie
    -Why Nintendo doesn't make more of your favorite game (and why that's a good thing)
    -Top 10 things that didn't suck about the Super Mario Bros movie
    -Top 10 things that didn't suck about Metroid: Other M
    -The Confusing Geography of Hyrule

Hey Tony, what do you think about opening the forums to this kind of content now, and then importing it over to the site when the time comes?
    Last edited by King Aquamentus; 11-17-2014 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    I guess getting the rest of the forum members an idea of what's going on wouldn't be bad at this point. It may allow several contributors to surface. I'll answer the rest of your points when I get home tonight.

Thread Information