I've been thinking about the future of my YouTube channel and growing my Internet brand. I've really been wanting to open a video game website blog, similar to Kotaku, but more than just journalistic articles. I'd love to use the site to compile reviews on old and new games, opinion pieces on the current video game industry, podcasts, video segments (top 10 lists, lets plays, reviews, etc.), and other fun content. I graduate in two months and I'm going to have a lot of free time for pet projects...free time that I haven't had for the last 10 years.

I know that AGN was going through some changes a few years ago, and Dark Dragon had a website redesign commissioned, but it still hasn't seen the light of day. I wanted to test the waters of the staff here to see how people would react to using AGN as the base for my idea. We could integrate the existing community with the website, and include content and reviews on new Zelda Classic quests, among our other projects like Final Fantasy Classic. I've built a decent sized network of like minded gamers on Twitter recently, and I'm sure I can get a lot of new people in to help out with content. If we wanted to, we could see about getting some advertisers to help circumvent hosting fees and maybe eventually generate some profit if we become popular enough. We would need to aggressively market the site on social media like Twitter, Instagram, etc.

I've been administering some Word Press sites for work recently and that is how I was thinking to at least get started.

I've been thoroughly enjoying writing reviews and creating videos, and I really want to delve into this more and more. If AGN isn't interested in doing this, I can definitely make a start from scratch, and I'll always promote AGN's products and link people here.

Let me know what your thoughts are or if you have any questions.