User Tag List

Thread: Anyone here owned a Sega DreamCast?

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.73%

Anyone here owned a Sega DreamCast?

If anyone here owned one I'm looking for some game recommendations, I don't know many games on the DreamCast other then skies of arcadia and Sonic Adventure 1&2 and Grandia 2. Which I already own them all
    Pretty much looking for some hidden gems I've missed or some A+ title that I didn't even hear of...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.73%
    Shenmue was a big deal. I thought it was okay, but there is a rabid fan base for it online.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.38%
    I still own my Dreamcast, but I hardly play it as the memory card/unit/whatever its called doesn't always register the data. I only own 4 (actually 5) games for it with only 1 of them bought new, the others bought used.

New: Dead or Alive 2
    Used: Shenmue, Marvel vs Capcom 2, Phantasy Star Online (Its registration code was never included, hence why I mentioned I mentioned 4/5 games earlier), Street Fighter Alpha 3

DoA2 is decent, just get used to raging over the final boss and his cheap attacks. Shenmue I never finished, but I have seen the ending (one of my younger brothers finished it) and it is something I'd liek to go back to someday. MvC2, need I say more? PSO...I wish I could have played this. Instead, the only PSO game I've played is PS Universe(PS2) and the PSP game, which I've like both. I'm unsure if the multiplayer is still functioning for it (it-PS-, is also on xbox 360, so maybe? I don't know). SFA3 was one of my most played games and the one that infuriates me the most (the other is MvC2) when the memory unit doesn't read the save data for it.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.73%
    Oh! Soul Calibur! This game is one of my favorites. It's the only real reason I ever boot up the DC anymore.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.73%
    Thanks for naming off some games, I'll try to snag some of them up. I might be able to pick up Shenmue at a local consignment shop. I think the old woman that owns it has 4 copies and two are new. I think I'll ask and see if she still has them. I also could just download some disk images of the games and burn them to CD-R and play them on my console.

My console is one that can play CD-Rs so I always have that option to get disk images of some games and play them that way

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.47%
    My brother brought home a broken DreamCast a few years ago and we fixed it, but we don't have any games.

How was the system? I always found the controller too unwieldly to pay it any mind.

Also, I think Shenmue had a sequel for XBox... or maybe it was 360. No, I'm pretty sure it was XBox.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.73%
    Its pretty good, the controller takes some time to get used to but it feels quite good after awhile. Also going to say if you dreamcast has the number 1 in a circle and is made around march 2000 you should be able to play burned games without having to mod the console.

So if you do have a system like that you could always just grab some games off the web and burn them with image burn Look up How to burn dreamcast games with imageburn and you'll be set... Just make sure you use some really high quility CD-Rs and make sure to burn at the slowest speed possible or you'll wind up with some messed up copies. :|

Thread Information