0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.45%
    I heard the RCs had backwards compatibility issues, like that block puzzles made before 2.50.0 and on 2.50.0 couldn't be solved. Is this backwards compatibility thing fixed now?

Also, wouldn't it be better for the official download to say "2.50.1" instead of "2.50" to avoid confusion, especially when I tell somebody on what version a quest of mine should be played. 'cause the last 3 are for 2.50.0 and the next one will be for that, too. And then later the ones made on 2.50.1 will probably not work on 2.50.0 (for those who downloaded it from the main downloads before 2.50.1 came out and are not following news, only seeing that the latest download is still "2.50", not realizing the change).

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%
    I reverted the change that broke some block puzzles, so they ought to be okay. No one's specifically confirmed that to me, though.
    The official downloads haven't been updated yet.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.45%
    That's good news, I assume.

So I mistakenly downloaded just another 2.50.0 and name its folder "ZC2.50.1". Fun. I guess I wait with the actual 2.50.1 until it gets on the main page.

My favourite change is about the guy disappearing when the special item is taken (it annoyed the heaven out of me in my latest 2.50.0 quests) and the screensaver being disabled by default. But there are many other changes (right click copies, better tile grabbing, better subscreen editing) that make me want to use 2.50.1 from now on.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%
    Just wondering, is the latest version of ZC (the 2.5 version) supposed to be compatible with Windows 8? It works fine in windowed mode but if I try to go full-screen I get graphical problems. The same is true of both the actual game program and the ZQuest editor. I know there are many programs which worked fine with Windows 7 and don't work at all with Windows 8 (thanks a heap, Microsoft).
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%
    I don't think there's much we can do to improve it right now. I'm hoping it'll do better when we get 32-bit color working.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.45%
    I'd like to get a clear view on this: is the main download page not updated because nobody got around to do it or because 2.50.1 still might change? (As it changed a few times after initial release in this thread.)
    Because I might start to make a new quest, but if 2.50.1 is final, it might be a bad idea to start on 2.50.0 but I want to download the newest one only when it's fully finalized and confirmed working. I don't want to keep downloading it again and again, nor I want to cancel a longer quest at halfpoint of development because some hidden bug. I know nowadays people mostly use ZQ only to up the HP of enemies and cram a lot of scripts in and call it a quest, so I can very well imagine that bugs in less used features don't get revealed that fast... And I wouldn't fancy to be the one revealing them in mid-development.

So I am pretty torn about all of this.

Is this the end?
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.93%
    It's finished; the site just hasn't been updated yet. c-a-d's been busy lately, I assume.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19%
    Pretty cool to see both Pineconn and CastChaos getting another itch to make some more amazing stuff with Zquest. Admittedly I haven't really been keeping track of popular quest developers and their Zelda Classic activity since 2008 or 2009 or so so maybe you'se have always been hanging around all this time and I just never noticed >.> (I mostly hang around PureZC's General Entertainment section of the forum)

Is Nightmare the same guy that made those very early quests waaay back in the day?
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    56.45%
    Nicholas Steel:
    I don't know which is the last quest of mine that you still heard about, but if you click the link in my sig, you surely find a couple of quests you haven't heard before. And another 2.50.0 quest of mine is in final beta testing phase.
    However, I won't jump into making a quest haphazardly anymore. I was working so much with "BBIV: GM" and had so many custom things in, yet it was played by so few people that I really need to reconsider my gain/effort ratio. Now I first want to make up a quest plan that promises good enough return value AND want to make sure that the version I'm using is right.
    That is why I keep asking Saffith here, not just for fun.

See, I was kinda handicapped from BB onwards, since I could use the then latest stable version (2.10), but many others couldn't (and many others didn't want), so they playing on the 2.5 alphas caused many problems (and is still causing a bit when they play them on 2.50.0). When the final 2.50.0 was released, this problem vanished (THIS problem only), but what now? Will people mass use 2.50.1 and will this cause problems with 2.50.0 quests? Will a new Windows 9 (or 10) be released that won't stand 2.50, only some possible 2.92 betas that won't play well or at all the 2.50 quests? I just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time this time. This time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19%
    I do see where you're coming from, Windows 10 is expected next year (Sometime 2015) so you could wait until that is released and see how well ZC works with it before starting work on a new quest (A technical preview has already been publicly released).

I might check out your more recent quests soon, via ZC v2.50.1 of course (Currently working my way through Fallout: New Vegas which is an amazing game unlike Fallout 3 which is only average)
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Thread Information