User Tag List

Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 534

Thread: [RPG] Sword and Sorcery Play-by-Post

  1. #241
    Username Kaiser SUCCESSOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Winning.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,435
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    10,391
    Level
    30
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.08%
    I head south to the forest. If there is a dragon there I will learn of it. It will be good to be out in the wild again instead of a creepy mansion.

  2. #242
    Triforce Knight bigjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,588
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    6,233
    Level
    24
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.71%
    (Grr... my post never made it.. inconspicuous filler post incoming)
    I head towards the ominous forest.

  3. #243
    Cor Blimey! CJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fading into the darkness
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,398
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    6,451
    Level
    24
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.19%
    @TheDarkOne
    Sancireph, you sense no lingering Aasimar presence beyond your own. You are relieved by this.

    @mrz84
    Zataka, you can't seem to locate either the RANGER or the DRAGOON.

    @Xyvol
    Malichor, you try to put a name to the sensation you are feeling from the forest, but it feels entirely unfamiliar to you. Still, your expertise in certain styles of magic is limited. Perhaps it is a power you haven't had the chance to experience firsthand, or perhaps it isn't magic at all.


    @mrz84 @TheDarkOne @Xyvol
    Zataka, Sancireph, and Malichor
    you briefly discuss your next destination. Zataka is interested in pursuing the crossbow thief across the plains to the EAST, but suggests you go NORTH first to the city to procure supplies for the journey. Malichor, on the other hand, seems drawn to the forest and suggests you head SOUTH.
    With the late hour, you agree that perhaps you should head to the city to at least spend the night so you can set out fresh in the morning.
    You find an inn at the edge of town. A single light is on, which you can see through the door. The desk is unmanned with a note: "Please leave 10 gold on the counter and help yourself to a key and some refreshments - Management"
    You each take a room and rest for the night. A few hours into your sleep, you feel the ground quake. It's coming from outside.
    What do you do?

    =====

    @SUCCESSOR
    Reven, you follow the pulsing sensation south to the forest, coming to the treeline after a short walk. Before you enter, though, you sense something behind you. Turning around, you find that it is the DRAGOON. Did he follow you here? He seems just as startled as you.

    @bigjoe
    Jerias, you set off towards the forest with Atticas, feeling drawn to the danger. The shadows of the night seem to twist in front of you, but after a few moments you realize it is not a trick of the light but rather another being moving in the same direction. It turns around and you recognize that it is actually the RANGER from before. How did he do that?

    @SUCCESSOR @bigjoe
    Reven and Jerias,
    You stand at the mouth of the forest. Strange, the trees have grown in such a way that you can only enter from the footpath before you. A cloud of smoke rises from somewhere beyond, its scent medicinal and its purpose unclear. As you enter the forest you notice silence. Even in the dead of night, shouldn't there be night predators stalking the treetops? There is no motion here, and your instincts tell you to dread. You hear a slight rustle. ...Something is stalking you. As you journey deeper into the forest the sensation grows, but you can't place it.
    Reven, you step on a snare trap and are abruptly hoisted up into the air, suspended by one leg.
    Jerias, while trying to help him the pile of leaves beneath you gives way into a pitfall, trapping you in a hole. The sides of the pit are too soft for you to climb out with your claws.
    You can hear something approaching. Its footsteps shake the ground as it walks. How did this thing get the drop on you?
    What do you do?

  4. #244
    Its your boi, Guzma! mrz84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Randomness
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,703
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    11,032
    Level
    31
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.94%
    I quickly don my armor and grab my greatsword (it is still sheathed) and glance out the nearest window. I look for any signs of the disturbance. I then quickly rush to my comrades (if they haven't found me first that is) and urge caution as we attempt to find the source of the noise, as well as protect any civilians we find from harm. During the whole time, I ready to unsheathe my greatsword at a moments notice to either attack or defend (depending on what the situation best calls for ie: if a civilian or ally is in danger, I step in front of them with my greatsword as a verticle shield of sorts to absorb the blow, and if an attack looks to be elemental based, I cast a spell on my blade of the opposite element in hopes of countering it easier)
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

  5. #245
    A Cryptic Wizard TheDarkOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    California (when not in Storybrooke, ME)
    Posts
    293
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    2,430
    Level
    16
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.78%
    I swiftly head outside, looking for the source of the quake. Seeing Zataka, I head to his side to see if he knows anything. I also have my heightened Elven senses to detect anything that might be the cause.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

  6. #246
    Username Kaiser SUCCESSOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Winning.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,435
    Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    10,391
    Level
    30
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    31.08%
    Getting caught off guard sends my reflexes into action. I immediately have a blade out and cut the cord around my ankle. Instead of dropping I hold on and pull myself up to into a point of advantage. In the tree I tie a rope I carry in my satchel onto the end of the cord and throw the end down into the pit hoping it will be long enough to reach the DRAGOON. I move into a position in the branches of the tree where I might be unseen for a moment. I coerce Texia out, who is expecting to hunt, with a quiet grunt and a gesture I tell her to fly around on the look out and she complies. The only thing left to do is wait and see what I will soon be dealing with.

  7. #247
    Triforce Knight bigjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,588
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    6,233
    Level
    24
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.71%
    It takes an enormous amount of effort, given the shape of my hands, but I manage to climb the rope that the RANGER threw down for me. Once outside the pit I take my lance into a combat stance and prepare to face whatever beast set this trap. I instruct Atticas to guard my side, should something try to sneak up.

  8. #248
    Cor Blimey! CJC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Fading into the darkness
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,398
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    6,451
    Level
    24
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    73.19%
    ==================================================
    Rule Clarification

    Combat: ReACTion
    To further smooth out the kinks that combat pose in a delayed response environment, I am introducing a new type of ACT MEDIAS RES block, the ReACTion block. These gaps will be presented in cyan and function exactly the same way as an Act Medias Res with one exception: any ReACTion block that is unused before the next update will CLOSE, meaning you can insert actions between updates but once an update comes the opportunity has passed.

    ==================================================


    @mrz84
    Zataka,
    Upon leaving the inn, you immediately spot a trio of OGRES walking past the building. The first is green, carrying a GREATAXE which is roughly as tall as you are. The second is red and is carrying a giant burlap sack, which seems to have things moving inside of it. Cats? The third is light blue and has a swirling vortex of cold dancing around its fingers. Anticipating a fight, you set your blade on fire.
    The red ogre sees you and drops its sack. Something falls out... it's a GNOME. These things are snatching gnomes?!
    [ReACTion]
    Getting the Drop on some Ogres

    ~~~~~
    Cleaving Overhead Strike
    ~~~~~
    [/ReACTion]
    Sancireph joins you at the entrance to the inn.
    Fight!


    @TheDarkOne
    Sancireph,
    Leaping to your feet, you briefly assess the state of the inn. The building doesn't appear to have been damaged by the shaking. You check the rooms. Malichor is still asleep, but you decide that you can come back for him if you need him. It might be nothing, after all. Consequently you check the other rooms. There's a DWARVEN KNIGHT snoring loudly in the room next to yours, as well as a GNOMISH COUPLE you assume are the innkeepers. Down the hall, that MERCHANT TROUPE from the mansion have packed into a single room like sardines. The last room appears to be vacant, and you confirm that the key is still behind the desk.
    Seeing ZATAKA outside the inn, you join him just in time to see a band of three OGRES tromping past the inn. The RED ONE is carrying a SACK FULL OF GNOMES, while the GREEN ONE has a gigantic axe and the BLUE ONE seems to be preparing some sort of spell.
    What do you do?


    @Xyvol
    Malichor, you are cozy in bed!


    =====

    @SUCCESSOR
    Reven,
    You use the snare as a rope to climb up into the treetops and then quickly lower it to the DRAGOON in the pit trap. You have to extend the rope with some from your own supply because it wasn't long enough, but you are able to pull him out of the hole and up into the trees. You send TEXIA out to scout the area but as she takes off you notice the source of the stomping: a gigantic BLUE OGRE standing roughly nine feet high. It looks at the traps, noting that they have been triggered but haven't actually captured anything. Looking around, it locks eyes with you.
    [ReACTion]
    Getting the Drop on some Ogres

    ~~~~~
    Missed!
    ~~~~~
    [/ReACTion]
    The ogre cups its hands and begins to form a swirling vortex of snow.
    Fight!


    @bigjoe
    Jerias,
    The RANGER drops you a rope and with his help you climb into the canopy of the forest, raising your spear to attack the thing that's been following you, and tell ATTICAS to cover your back in case it's an ambush.
    Beneath you, a single BLUE OGRE stomps out and checks the traps, finding them empty. How did this giant thing get the drop on you? It looks around, finally looking up and spotting you in the canopy.
    [ReACTion]
    Getting the Drop on some Ogres

    ~~~~~
    Missed!
    ~~~~~
    [/ReACTion]
    The ogre cups its hands and begins to form a swirling vortex of snow.
    Fight!

  9. #249
    A Cryptic Wizard TheDarkOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    California (when not in Storybrooke, ME)
    Posts
    293
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    2,430
    Level
    16
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.78%
    I point out the blue ogre as being an ogre mage and mention to Zataka that it poses the biggest threat with its magic. I draw my blades and step forward cautiously. Seeing that the ogre mage's attention is momentarily distracted by something in the forest, I use the opportunity to launch a surprise attack, with any luck before it can cast a spell.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

  10. #250
    Its your boi, Guzma! mrz84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Randomness
    Age
    37
    Posts
    5,703
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Points
    11,032
    Level
    31
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.94%
    [ReACTion]
    Getting the Drop on some Ogres
    With my fire-enchanted greatsword, I leap at the ogre mage and attempt an overhead verticale slash. I attempt to press my advantage on the ogre mage, while keeping a close eye on the other two. If the chance presents itself, I make a break for the sack of gnomes in an attempt to rescue them.
    [/ReACTion]
    Wondering why the ogres are interested in gnome-napping, I do everything in my power to rescue the gnomes. I focus my attacks on the ogre mage as its icy magic will have less of an effect on my due to my pendant's magical abilities (see my character's introductory post on the first page)
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Armageddon Games is a game development group founded in 1997. We are extremely passionate about our work and our inspirations are mostly drawn from games of the 8-bit and 16-bit era.
Social