Taking in the details I am all but certain the birds are an illusion. Where does it begin and end though? Is the whole room an illusion? The whole mansion? pretend to disregard the birds but I keep note of their behavior as I walk over to the desk and look through the notes studiously but in a hurry until I hear someone trying the door I just came through and finding it somehow locked. Strange. "Hello." I say in a normal voice but not too loud to project into the room where I just left the others talking not to them but as if someone else was in the room. I sit and look through the desk drawers as I talk."I see my presence hasn't gone unnoticed. My intrusion is not hostile, I assure you! I had hoped to take a little rest and maybe meet the Lord of the Manor. Perhaps some you have some spare staples. Or perhaps care to barter." Are my words actually reaching someone or have I grown paranoid I wonder?

While talking I drew out a long thin blow dart gun and shot a wad of paper that flies silently toward one of the birds whose eyes were not on me. I keep a close eye on what happens and what reactions the birds make of my sudden action. I wonder if their eyes even see or whom they may see for.