Sitting in a tavern--the Filthy Rabbit--whose primary theme is skimpily-dressed waitresses wearing bunny-ear headbands--you patiently await your DRINK and your ORDER as you review the victories of your last score. Maybe you're counting your money. Maybe you're looking over that mysterious trinket you found. I don't know, I'm not omniscient.
In the center of the tavern a man is sitting at a large table with a pitcher and a tremendous PILE OF GOLD. A crowd appears to be gathering around him as he has been steadily buying rounds for all the patrons.
Alternatively, at the bar you notice the bartender is preparing a STRANGE BEVERAGE in the hollowed-out shell of an avocado.
Who are you, what brought you here, and most important of all what will you do?

==================================================
Goals:

In an effort to keep my creative writing skills sharp, scratch my itch to run a role-playing game, and generate activity for AGN, I am starting a play-by-post free-form RPG with semiweekly updates (when possible).
As the thread title suggests this particular RPG will be fantasy themed.

Mechanics:

In short, there are none. The goal of the game is to tell a collective story and have fun. On each Tuesday and Friday, I'll post a scenario for you to react to and you'll post a response--in first person--explaining how your character reacts and what actions and reactions he or she takes and makes. When the next update rolls around, I'll post the results and a new scenario. Repeat ad infinitum.

Each update will be segmented into sections, with each section pertaining to one player. The player in question will be tagged by the forum, and the first paragraph of such a section will start with the name of that player's character. You will not be required to read the paragraphs of other players (Or even their replies to the thread). I will distill any important cross-character interaction into your next scenario. If you are joining late, links to each update can be found in the second post of this thread so that you can easily jump past the responses to the new scenario. They'll be listed in reverse chronological order and they will be numbered, dated, and collected by setting.

Rule Clarifications:

General: Improvisation is a Staple
You are free and ENCOURAGED to ad-lib. If a fact hasn't been established, it's fair game. If you make too wild an assumption, I will gently reel you back into the narrative. Also, if there is a non-player character and I have not stated they are LOCKED, then they are fair game; you may make them do and say what you please. Other player characters are always LOCKED, you cannot control another player's character.

General: Summarized Conversations
When conducting conversation with an NPC or another player, do not feel that you have to write out the literal dialogue. Posting the gist of your conversational goals is sufficient.

General: The means through which new rules are dispensed
I'll introduce more rules as they become necessary. When rules are introduced, they'll appear at the top of the update. The game is free-form, though, so just have fun with it. For the most part, if you want to do something your character can do it. One warning, though; if you go Marty Stu expect consequences. Also, try not to get too vulgar, there are kids on the forum (This is not the Veldt). Also, if there's a lot of interest I may split the game (and thread) into two (or more) instances.

General: RPG Communication Mediums
This is strictly a forum game. There will be no IRC or Skype component to this endeavor.

=====
Locked Characters

Here is a list of the currently locked characters and the players who have access to them:

Players
Sancireph = @TheDarkOne [Pronouns: Ravager, Aasimar]

Mangetsu Zataka = @mrz84 [Pronouns: Paladin]

Malichor = @Xyvol [Pronouns: Mage, Paper Wizard]

Reven = @SUCCESSOR [Pronouns: Ranger, Stranger]

Jerias = @bigjoe [Pronouns: Dragoon, Lizardman]

Rossaria = @Tamamo [Pronouns: Huntress]

Gnomish Math Wizard = @ctrl-alt-delete

Gringham = @CJC [Pronouns: Knight]

Granberia = @Tamamo [Pronouns: Cursed Swordsman]

Goldleaf = @TheDarkOne [Pronouns: Blue Mage]

Alisia = @Tamamo [Pronouns: Valkyrie]

NPCs
Telivar = @CJC [Pronouns: Hedge Wizard]

Toma the Younger = @CJC & Current Game Master

Toma the Elder = @CJC & Current Game Master

Lady Red = @Tamamo & Current Game Master [Pronouns: Vampire]

Navine = @Tamamo & Current Game Master [Pronouns: Barmaid, Witch]

Lilith = @Tamamo & Current Game Master [Pronouns: Succubus]

Katrien = @mrz84 & Current Game Master [Pronouns: Captain]

Wallace = @Tamamo [Pronouns: Ship's Cook]

Dragons
Texia = @SUCCESSOR & Current Game Master [Pronouns: Venom Dragon]

Atticas = @bigjoe & Current Game Master [Pronouns: Green Dragon]

Bankraz = @SUCCESSOR & Current Game Master [Pronouns: Azure Dragon]

Cecette = @CJC & Current Game Master [Pronouns: Jade Dragon]

D'Arsonius = @CJC & @Tamamo & Current Game Master [Pronouns: Crimson Dragon]

Erasmut = @CJC & Current Game Master [Pronouns: Silver Dragon]

Any remaining characters not listed (like the crossbow burglar) are free game for anybody to post, manipulate, and act on as they please.
=====